Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

25 Degree injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:34 AM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 25 Degree injectors

I have been reading about all the success that everyone has had with their perspective dealers about the 25 degree injector swapout so I thought I would give it a try. Friday I took my '06 RKC in for it's 1000 mile service. While I was there I told the service guy the problems I have been having, stalling, hard starts,popping during decel and I even told him a friend had the same problem and that mine sounded just like his and his dealer installed the new 25 degree inj. The service guy looked me in the eye and said he would have the mech look at the plugs! I asked him how could it be the plugs and he said that would be a good starting point. I then asked if they found nothing wrong with the plugs if he would have them look at the injectors and he said that would be up to the mech. I asked to see the mech that would be working on my bike and he said he was busy. WOW! I almost fell over. What a snow job. I wonder if these 25 degree inj. are made of gold or something. Anyway when I picked up the bike the next day he said they couldn't duplicate the problems I experienced so nothing was done. I am shopping for a new dealer!

Old 07-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Spartan
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 25 Degree injectors

This is the very reason why most people won't get an extended warranty. Imagine if you needed engine or tranny work[:'(]

Old 07-25-2006, 12:44 AM
redhwk44
Road Master

AMEN

Old 07-25-2006, 12:45 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: redhwk44

I have been reading about all the success that everyone has had with their perspective dealers about the 25 degree injector swapout so I thought I would give it a try. Friday I took my '06 RKC in for it's 1000 mile service. While I was there I told the service guy the problems I have been having, stalling, hard starts,popping during decel and I even told him a friend had the same problem and that mine sounded just like his and his dealer installed the new 25 degree inj. The service guy looked me in the eye and said he would have the mech look at the plugs! I asked him how could it be the plugs and he said that would be a good starting point. I then asked if they found nothing wrong with the plugs if he would have them look at the injectors and he said that would be up to the mech. I asked to see the mech that would be working on my bike and he said he was busy. WOW! I almost fell over. What a snow job. I wonder if these 25 degree inj. are made of gold or something. Anyway when I picked up the bike the next day he said they couldn't duplicate the problems I experienced so nothing was done. I am shopping for a new dealer!
You need to find a new dealer. My dealer here in Phoenix (Arrowhead HD) ordered the new injectors for me the day after the bulletin came out and had them installed 10 days later with no hassle at all. I was having the cold start problem which was immediately fixed by the 25° injectors.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:51 AM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How many people before you have said this very thing to the wrench?Once it hits the net,everyone wants 25 injectors.The dealer also knows this and also knows he cant change everyones without a recall.He has to answer for these changes.If you wouldve bought the injectors,he may have installed them free and if a claim came out on them you could collect if you could prove the sale.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:59 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

There is no recall on the 8 for 25 injectors, just a bulletin. I scheduled a 5k service and the dealer asked if there was anything else he should know about. I told him about the stalling problems I was having and he stepped forward and told me about the bulletin on the injectors. I went from having to wait 10 days for a scheduled appointment to "how soon can you get your bike in here". They swapped them out no problem. Recall or not, it is a warranty problem and should be rectified.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:15 AM
BigGeorge
Road Captain

Hey redhwk44 welcome to the "no new 25* injectors for you club" I've been a member since feb when I got one of the last ones built with the 8* injectors. Three different dealers in 100 miles of my home have told me we cant duplicate your problem so "no new injectors for you". I have run out of dealers in my area to go to. Its up to the dealer if he wants to change them or not. Some dealers are great about it, the ones in my area suck!....................BG

Old 07-25-2006, 02:32 AM
godshd
Advanced

Does anyone know were I can get a copy of this bulletin? I am having all the problems listed and was told by the dealer to install a power commander. I did and guess what same problems.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:43 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

I had a safety issue. Mine would cough and stall when cold. Dangerous when I was pulling out into traffic. My third try to get the 25* injectors I told them this and they replaced them the next day. You have to say the right words and make it a safety issue.

Old 07-25-2006, 09:29 AM
Mac57
Road Warrior

I cant understand why some dealers are like yours. They are fully aware of the injector problem on 06 TC88's. It's covered under warranty and the dealer is reimbursed by the MOCO for the fix. I told my dealer about my engine problems at the 1K service and they did the upgrade form 8 degree to 25 degree injectors with new download with no problem at all. I did ham it up a little though. Told them that when the bike stalled making a left at an intersection with my wife as passenger, we almost got T-Boned by traffic. That gets their attention. Make it a safety issue (which it really is anyway) and perhaps their attitude may change. Calling the MOCO about your dealers reluctance might not hurt either, but talk to your service manager first. Keep it friendly and respectful. Getting too pushy will only harden their attitude toward you. You can catch more flies with honey as the saying goes. If you get no satisfaction at all, find a new dealer who appreciates his customers. Dealers make alot of $$ on service, and if your dealer does not want your business another one would be happy to take it away from him.

Quick Reply: 25 Degree injectors