Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

30 inch wheel on bagger! Enough said!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 12:17 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteGoldSG
Although I think it looks silly and it is def not feasable or useable for that matter, this is what we all said about the 21/18 combo when it started, and look at most of us sporting them now. lol. Still this is been taken a little to far. They should have stopped at 23", but then again obviously this is only a marketing tool for ballistic cycles and obvioulsy it is working. Fairing is cool as **** though!
Dang, I must have missed the memo! Really? Everyone is doing it? I gotta get with it!! pffffftttt!

Old 02-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Fuzzy75
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I seriously cant believe all the people in here calling him an idiot or a fool for doing this. If it was not for people doing things like this, this industry would be stifled. And if you think that your ideas and bike is better...then get your *** out there and build bike instead of sitting on a comp and downing/bashing guys for being creative and diff. After all isnt customizing a bike/car/whatever about being diff and having something no one else has.

Sorry but im not into having the same thing every joe,dick, and harry have. I like things diff and out there. Would i put a 30 on my bike. Dont know. If i was building an all out show bike, WHY NOT!!! If any of you have done any research about this wheel you would notice that the guys making this wheel have stated that it is merely a show stopper. Maybe a handful of these wheels will be made and for one reason. Alot of mill time= a hell of alot of money. And it was/is merely more for looks and show of what can be done.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:23 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1:
Originally Posted by CroK
That bike is not intended to ride, and it doesn't pretend to be a 'riding bike'
2:
Did a touch of guilt impell you to feel that I was speaking to anyone in particular
Point 1: This totally begs the question "if a bike is not intended to ride, what's the point?" This particular bike begs the question "if a bike is unrideable, what's the point?". Would a bike with square wheels be worthy of putting in a show because of it's uniqueness? Would it even be a bike? I'm not big on show bikes but the ones I like are rideable, not roll on roll off works of art. I'd rather look at a panhead ratbike that's it's owner's daily ride.

Point 2: I'm not singling you or myself out - I'm simply justifying the criticism of this stupid bike on this thread. As for me - I have 3K miles on an Ultra Limited I bought in November . . .

My very first Harley that I bought back in 1991 got the cosmetic treatment but I long ago figured out it's about the ride. My spare change goes into the engine nowadays - and creature comfort (must be getting old) and gasoline . . .

Point 3 - Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. If some here think this is "dumb", "stupid" etc fine. If you like it, fine. Variety is the spice of life. Personally I'm not going to jump on any bandwagon and change my bike around just to go with a trend. Seems someone earlier in this thread said everyone's going to 21" front. It'll be a cold day in hell before I do that to my bike. I don't care for the look and I don't care for the ride characteristics.

If you like it you're entitled to say so - If I hate it I figure I'm entitled to say so too. It's a free country and I defend anyone's right to do what they want and say what they want within the law.

Last edited by davessworks; 02-09-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:28 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you choose to argue like a child, be my guest, I'll not debate the issue with you...

Originally Posted by davessworks
1:

2:

Point 1: This totally begs the question "if a bike is not intended to ride, what's the point?" This particular bike begs the question "if a bike is unrideable, what's the point?". Would a bike with square wheels be worthy of putting in a show because of it's uniqueness? Would it even be a bike? I'm not big on show bikes but the ones I like are rideable, not roll on roll off works of art. I'd rather look at a panhead ratbike that's it's owner's daily ride.

Point 2: I'm not singling you or myself out - I'm simply justifying the criticism of this stupid bike on this thread. As for me - I have 3K miles on an Ultra Limited I bought in November . . .

My very first Harley that I bought back in 1991 got the cosmetic treatment but I long ago figured out it's about the ride. My spare change goes into the engine nowadays - and creature comfort (must be getting old) and gasoline . . .

Old 02-09-2010, 12:45 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you choose to argue like a child, be my guest, I'll not debate the issue with you...
He said while running away. . .

kiddin' right?! That the best you've got? I'm not arguing with you. Actually I probably agree with some of what you're saying. For some reason you felt it necessary to imply I was guilty by association. Did you expect me not to respond?

I've stated my point of view and stand by it. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Last edited by davessworks; 02-09-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:16 PM
KaponeWKYA
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default smh...

Originally Posted by slime_dog
It will fit right in for memorial day in Myrtle Beach...
I suppose this is an underhanded way to disparage the African Americans who attend the Myrtle Beach rally...I have noticed some people on this forum think negatively of African Americans riding Harleys...our paint is too flashy, music is too loud, rims are too big, etc...funny thing is, a lot of those same people do the same things to their bikes we do to ours! If you don't, that is YOUR choice! It is the thing that makes this country the greatest in the world! The way you choose to express yourself and ride your ride is 100% up to you...is it really necessary to **** on others? If we all stop worrying about what makes us different and focus on what we have in common, we MAY all learn from each other and perhaps work on building better relationships with EVERYONE!

Old 02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

How 'bout this? I don't like it. Don't like 21's or 23's either. I like apes, but I don't like them pushed waaaay forward; or with fairings. And I don't like thick radial laced wire spokes - not even a little. But what the hell do I know, anyway?

Old 02-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Fuzzy75
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KaponeWKYA
I suppose this is an underhanded way to disparage the African Americans who attend the Myrtle Beach rally...I have noticed some people on this forum think negatively of African Americans riding Harleys...our paint is too flashy, music is too loud, rims are too big, etc...funny thing is, a lot of those same people do the same things to their bikes we do to ours! If you don't, that is YOUR choice! It is the thing that makes this country the greatest in the world! The way you choose to express yourself and ride your ride is 100% up to you...is it really necessary to **** on others? If we all stop worrying about what makes us different and focus on what we have in common, we MAY all learn from each other and perhaps work on building better relationships with EVERYONE!

Thank you. I found some of the comments in here pretty distasteful. Comments about finding it in the hood for one. What the hell people. GROW THE F&*K UP!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here we go again...

Old 02-09-2010, 01:48 PM
ballisticcreations
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just figured i would say a few words in our defense to all who have no understanding of the large wheel concept, first off you need to talk to engineers that have had experience with testing the 26 inch wheel on a bagger and they will tell you if your geometry is correct it will out handle and out perform any of the smaller wheels. (remember i said experience not theories) the brake control is proven to be better, the outer rotation is slower than the rear reducing any gyro effects. also tire temps and wear are lower and there is less over all vibration, the handling charicteristics are also much smoother and stable at higher speeds, they just plain ride out better, but hey keep bashing what you dont understand because it makes you sound so smart! I would also like to state that when we built the 30 inch bagger it wasn't for the wheel it was to showcase our new air system, rear section and body kits. but i can assure you it is ridable and it will be proven!
thanks.

Quick Reply: 30 inch wheel on bagger! Enough said!