Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

30 inch wheel on bagger! Enough said!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ballisticcreations
I just figured i would say a few words in our defense to all who have no understanding of the large wheel concept, first off you need to talk to engineers that have had experience with testing the 26 inch wheel on a bagger and they will tell you if your geometry is correct it will out handle and out perform any of the smaller wheels. (remember i said experience not theories) the brake control is proven to be better, the outer rotation is slower than the rear reducing any gyro effects. also tire temps and wear are lower and there is less over all vibration, the handling charicteristics are also much smoother and stable at higher speeds, they just plain ride out better, but hey keep bashing what you dont understand because it makes you sound so smart! I would also like to state that when we built the 30 inch bagger it wasn't for the wheel it was to showcase our new air system, rear section and body kits. but i can assure you it is ridable and it will be proven!
thanks.
the outer rotation is slower than the rear reducing any gyro effects
Why would reducing the Gyro effect be good? It helps keep you upright.
Ever notice how quickly the bike wants to go out from under you when the wheels lock?

Old 02-09-2010, 07:28 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

That's just totally STUPID!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:37 PM
chadlong7487
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bike is bad a$$... The end.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:53 PM
Fuzzy75
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
Ever notice how quickly the bike wants to go out from under you when the wheels lock?

lol, thats because they are locked up and sliding.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Fuzzy75
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Faast Ed;6228149]

Do you ride much? If you did, you'd already know why they won't handle well. Show. That wheel is for show.

You are supposed to polish it up, then sit down in a lawn chair next to it.
You are not supposed to ride it much. It is not for touring the country with. It is a bar hopper that makes you the center of attention.

Quality work, even looks good in the tastes of many. Art. Bike art.
Function was not a priority with this bike.
Don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that.

For those that became offended by the hood comment, I apologize.
There are those that would have taken it in the good humor that it was intended to be. There are coworkers of mine that would have laughed and agreed with me (that would sport those style wheels on a car).
No harm intended.
Hey i totally agree with you on the bar hopper and not riding it very long distance. but that dont mean it cant handle good. I do ride alot. but not in this last year as i have been rebuilding mine. And i will say this, The cooler it looks the tougher it is to ride. (usually)lol.

Im not saying this thing will be a daily rider, but it could be if you wanted it to be. just depends on the person and what they want the bike to be

and as for my bike, i would consider it to be a bar hopper, but that didnt stop me from riding it from lincoln,ne to sturgis. But that was my choice, just like the owner of this bike, to choose to put a 30 on. I just find it sad that we are all here for one thing...bikes and if someone cant put a pic up of what they like with out getting cut down then what the hell is the purpose of the site. we are here to enjoy what we all enjoy. BIKES!!! weather we like one persons bike are not. IT IS STILL A BIKE. WE have a common interest.

As for the hood thing. if it was a joke cool beans. i like jokes. but on an internet forum... sometimes its hard to tell what is a joke or a statement as you cant tell tone of voice.

Last edited by Fuzzy75; 02-09-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:26 PM
ballisticcreations
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
yes you are correct (simple bicycle physics) but leaning in and out of corners with two much gyro effect would always want to stand you up and make you fight the turns. We could go round and round all day long about this and that but it really doesn't make any difference in the end does it. We built the bike to showcase our new bagger products we have designed, and the 30 inch wheel definitely draws you in. I myself would have no problem riding this bike across the country i have built many 26" inch wheel baggers and they are way nicer to ride than stock configuration in my opinion and i would never go back. I am very proud to be able to build such off the wall bikes like this in such a crappy economy and still make money doing it!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ballisticcreations
yes you are correct (simple bicycle physics) but leaning in and out of corners with two much gyro effect would always want to stand you up and make you fight the turns. We could go round and round all day long about this and that but it really doesn't make any difference in the end does it. We built the bike to showcase our new bagger products we have designed, and the 30 inch wheel definitely draws you in. I myself would have no problem riding this bike across the country i have built many 26" inch wheel baggers and they are way nicer to ride than stock configuration in my opinion and i would never go back. I am very proud to be able to build such off the wall bikes like this in such a crappy economy and still make money doing it!
My hats off to you! I believe you have found a good niche in a market that caters to Fads. I see millions of dollars spent on car wheels to get the same look. You should do well with that. I wish I would have thought of it.
Not my taste in wheels, but who cares? There is a market for them.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:41 PM
teqsand
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by maxflhx
I'm gonna wait for the 32" for mine.....

Originally Posted by ANIMAL03
i'm not impressed i'm waiting for the 6 inch lift and 36 inch monsters mudders......... oh wait thats another forum

Old 02-09-2010, 09:57 PM
MLCrow1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's badass! I like that we are seeing builders like Ballistic, Paul Yaffee and others pushing the envelope on baggers. I think the 26s are probably very streetable, the 30 might be a bit much on some roads in my part of the world .

But, here I sit with a little 21" on the front of my Street Glide.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:28 PM
scooplove
Tourer

What a ridiculous POS.

Quick Reply: 30 inch wheel on bagger! Enough said!