Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rampage lift vs. Haul-Master

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 01:06 AM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Rampage lift vs. Haul-Master

Just curious if anybody has any experience with the 'haul-master' lift that can be purchased through Harbor Freight?

In appearance in looks pretty much identical to the Rampage lift that sells for about $2,400 but sells for $599.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:01 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doa search on here for Harbor Freight lift lots of guys have them. I have no experience with them, I have other brand lifts

BTW, you can find 20% off HF coupons in a lot of mags also

Old 02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
dgoodbmw
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts
Default loader

before i would buy the h. f. one, i would compare the thickness of the metal, I surely would not want to see my ride bending in the middle due to junk or thin steel. bty, i also have a rampage for sale in near new condition.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:52 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Are you looking at the same types of lifts?
The only rampage lift I know of fits in the back of a pickup truck and is for loading the bike up.
I haven't seen anything like that at HF.
I just searched Harbor Freight and looks like they do have one. I haven't seen anyone mention it here, it may be something new.
If you get one I'm sure many people would be interested to hear about it.

Last edited by piasspj; 02-08-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:59 AM
kevdon
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default lift

I looked up the haul-master lift and downloaded the manual. it looks identical to the rampage, so i called h-f and they told me it is imported to the u.s. but if you look at the manual pictures you would bet they were from rampage's manual.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:03 PM
FastBagger07
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy02FLHT
Just curious if anybody has any experience with the 'haul-master' lift that can be purchased through Harbor Freight?

In appearance in looks pretty much identical to the Rampage lift that sells for about $2,400 but sells for $599.
DONT buy one.I had one for about a week.What a P.O.S.Sent the pile of junk back.The top plate that the front wheel bracket is welded to hangs up on the rearwheel plate when you try to load the bike.It looks to me that the wheels on the top plate are too small causing the top plate to push down on the bottom plate when you try to load the bike,which causes it to hang up.Another thing I noticed was that you better make sure that the lift /truck is on level ground,if not the bike and the lift could tip right off of the truckI look at it like this you get what you pay for and this was no exception to the rule.I will say HF was real good about taking the lift back and refunding my money.

The following users liked this post:
James Criss (05-23-2021)
Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree, i looked at the downloadable manual and it appeared pretty much identical to the rampage....too bad FastBagger had a bad experience with it, I was hoping to hear good things.

I looked at a used toytrax/jettrax lift a few days ago that a local guy has for sale but it's 10 years old...not in bad shape but i'd have to replace some bolts etc...he's wanting $1000 for his on craigslist or $1200 on Ebay...guess i'd go with the craigslist option ha ha!!!! He did agree to help install it and allow me to try it out to make sure it works properly (it's not mounted currently)...not sure if I want to drill a few holes in the bed of my new truck only to find out it's not working right!!!

Thanks for the input

Old 02-08-2010, 08:20 PM
2deuce
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dgoodbmw
before i would buy the h. f. one, i would compare the thickness of the metal, I surely would not want to see my ride bending in the middle due to junk or thin steel. bty, i also have a rampage for sale in near new condition.
How much are you asking?

Old 02-09-2010, 06:47 PM
dgoodbmw
Tourer
Default rampage

I have it listed for $1800.00 but I will take $1600.00 bottom line.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:50 PM
dgoodbmw
Tourer
Default rampage

I should have have stated that if you have a fairly new ford, the install is very easy with no holes to drill. I have it set up to use bed bolts already there.

Quick Reply: Rampage lift vs. Haul-Master