Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aaa

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
SoCalRoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nedster
Interesting take on this.
My question is this, does California have a mandatory seat belt law? If so, i can guarantee all insurance company's are advocates for mandatory seat belt usage. So where do you buy your insurance. They are against your rights/freedom if you do not want to buckle up.
You have a point, but I suppose it comes down to choosing your battles. California does indeed have a mandatory seat belt law, though I don't believe there should be one. That said, I do wear my seat belt, and not because I'm told to.

For many of us, motorcycling is a lifestyle, not simply a mode of transportation. That lifestyle includes traditions of freedom, individualism, and self-responsibility.

AAA has actively fought us (ABATE of CA) on the issue of freedom of choice with regards to wearing a helmet. They have testified in front of various committees over the years against our helmet modification bills. By taking the point like that, AAA has become a lightening rod on the issue, and many of us have boycotted them. A futile gesture perhaps, but one needs to make some kind of point sometimes.

Besides, I get free road service from the AMA for having automatic renewal.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:18 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Plus most Subway sandwich shops that I have ever been to offer AAA discount and NAPA autoparts has a 7% AAA discount around here.

Adam

Old 02-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalRoadGlide
I refuse to do business with AAA. They have testified against our helmet modification bills here in Cali. I don't see the point in giving my money to an entity that works against my freedom.
But as a AAA member, I can let them know how I feel about their support of the helmet law. If enough of those of us against the Helmet law were to be members and voice our opposition to this stance, they would be required to stop supporting the laws for Helmet use.

Are you going to join AAA to help me to stop their support of Helmet laws?