Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aaa

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

I have gotten my money's worth many times over with AAA.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:31 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nedster
I have AAA Plus/RV which covers rv's and bikes. I would not leave home without them. I am in PA/MD area.
I have the same. I have used it many times. Mostly used it on my step daughters pile of crap car. I got her into a better one this year.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:19 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

AAA even with RV coverage doesn't cover motorcycles in my state. NV

Old 02-08-2010, 08:27 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Look up American Motorcyclist's Assn. They provide free road service just for paying your membership with a credit card. Great organization that works for our rights, monthly magazine, towing plan. Not bad for about $40 per year.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have AAA for the cages but Geico has roadside assistance with tow. AAA is used mainly for the discounts. As someone said,(they sent a car towtruck) You have to make sure the operators know and understand that it is a motorcycle. Sometimes you have to tell them a couple times before you hang up.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:46 PM
WannaBuy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I quit AAA and joined AMA www.ama-cycle.org/ and am saving over $100 per year without losing coverage on the cage.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:34 PM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

In any type of service industry there is the good,bad and ugly stories. There are several advantages to having AAA, towing for your car,bike and RV under one carrier. Not to mention the additional discounts that the membership offers. If in fact there is a damage issue with the vehicle that is being serviced, AAA will investigate and hold the service provider accountable. Most other services will tell you to work it out between you and the tow company. Good luck with that!!

Old 02-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have AAA Premier Plus/RV which covers rv's and bikes and covers 3 tows in one month. One up to 200 miles and the other for 100 each. I also have the insurance through AAA. I had my Ultra totaled in May of 2009. They paid replacement value for the 1989 Ultra. I could have gotten another Ultra the same year, or even up to a 2003 for what they paid. I just added the difference and got a New 2009 Road Glide.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:33 AM
SoCalRoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I refuse to do business with AAA. They have testified against our helmet modification bills here in Cali. I don't see the point in giving my money to an entity that works against my freedom.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:17 PM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalRoadGlide
I refuse to do business with AAA. They have testified against our helmet modification bills here in Cali. I don't see the point in giving my money to an entity that works against my freedom.

Interesting take on this.
My question is this, does California have a mandatory seat belt law? If so, i can guarantee all insurance company's are advocates for mandatory seat belt usage. So where do you buy your insurance. They are against your rights/freedom if you do not want to buckle up.

Quick Reply: Aaa