Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pull back handle bars for touring bikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
bwiningr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull back handle bars for touring bikes

I have bought a new limited and will be getting it in the next week or so, having it lowered and pipes put on it.

My questions is do the pull back handle bars make any difference i am considering them but want to get some thoughts from some people who have used them.

Do they make much difference in ride and such.

Thanks in advance for you help

Old 02-07-2010, 03:02 PM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have 13" CS's on my classic. Wished I had gone with 16". Hine site is always 20-20.

Last edited by glide2005; 02-07-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Chilibiker
Advanced
Default ElectraGlide bars on 08 RG?

First Harley, used to sport-touring bikes with more forward lean and narrower bars. Previous owner put ElectraGlide bars on and am curious how they compare to Heritage bars. I'm 6'0, 34" inseam, tallboy seat.... Thanks.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

My wife and I both have the Harley Davidson Touring Pull Back bars. They're 2" up and 2" back from stock. The catalog and web site says they're polished stainless but they are chrome.

We're both very happy with them. Actually allows us to ride leaned all the way back in the backrest and still have a slight bend at the elbow......very comfortable for long hours in the saddle.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:20 PM
smithbrl
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I had mine lowered front and rear 1". Had the Reach seat installed-1" lower than stock seat. That enabled me to put my feet flat on the ground.

I rode it for a year like that and it wasn't too comfortable. I had to reach for the bars and it was causing some back pain at times.

I installed the Harley Touring Pullback handlebars and their adjustable rider's backrest and now I am extremely happy with the ride.

I didn't notice that there was a 2" rise but the 2" pullback is VERY noticeable.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:26 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I had KW Ergo back bars. They are comfortable. And they are for sale

Old 02-07-2010, 07:42 PM
malteseyo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Open Road
My wife and I both have the Harley Davidson Touring Pull Back bars. They're 2" up and 2" back from stock. The catalog and web site says they're polished stainless but they are chrome.

We're both very happy with them. Actually allows us to ride leaned all the way back in the backrest and still have a slight bend at the elbow......very comfortable for long hours in the saddle.
Do you know if these differ from Heritage bars much? I had Heritage bars put on my Road King, but could still use more pull back. Also, any cable changes needed?

Old 02-07-2010, 11:54 PM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,444 Posts

Originally Posted by malteseyo
Do you know if these differ from Heritage bars much? I had Heritage bars put on my Road King, but could still use more pull back. Also, any cable changes needed?
Why not just loosen the HB clamp and rotate the bars back if the cables will allow it?
The way my '04 RK bars were positioned when I bought the bike must have been someone's idea of a joke. I adjusted them as soon as I got the bike home - kind of a PITA but no big deal. RK touring bars will probably be installed this year.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have had the Harley pullback touring handlebars on both my 04 & 09 ultra. I like them, but in hard turns you have to get use the bars being closer to your body than with the stock bars. Makes it a little harder to turn, but once you get use to it no problem. The comfort it provides me is worth the small hassle. Besides I don't do hard turns often enough to worry about it.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:54 AM
JnT4Life
Tourer

Khrome Werks Wide Sweepers. Work great for me.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...rs-w-pics.html

Quick Reply: Pull back handle bars for touring bikes