Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pull back handle bars for touring bikes

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 09:58 AM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Ive installed about a dozen sets of the Harley pullbacks and everybody wanted them taken back off. The angle it puts your wrists at sucks. I only know 1 guy that actually likes them.

The Klock Werks ergo backs would be a much better chioce as they actually IMPROVE your wrist angle while bringing the bar back!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:18 AM
simpkinst
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hog-Doc -

Do the Klock Works bars fit on the Street Glide or do the faaring mounted mirrors need to be removed?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:25 AM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by simpkinst
Hog-Doc -

Do the Klock Works bars fit on the Street Glide or do the faaring mounted mirrors need to be removed?
Ive never installed the Klock Werks bars, but Ive read a lot of threads where people said they were in the way.

PM 74ironhead, he's the parts manager for Klock Werks, he can give you the full details!

Old 02-08-2010, 04:22 PM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,055 Likes on 4,358 Posts

Hog Doc, what did everyone change to on the bars if they took off the pull backs, I'm looking at changing out, and by the looks of all these tags all over, it's a nightmare to figure out the right bar, the first time, any info greatly appreciated.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:26 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hog-doc
Ive installed about a dozen sets of the Harley pullbacks and everybody wanted them taken back off. The angle it puts your wrists at sucks. I only know 1 guy that actually likes them.

The Klock Werks ergo backs would be a much better chioce as they actually IMPROVE your wrist angle while bringing the bar back!
Do they work with TBW?

Old 02-08-2010, 05:37 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The KW works do not work with fairing mounted mirrors. The wrist position is much more comfortable.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:59 PM
malteseyo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RK4ME
Why not just loosen the HB clamp and rotate the bars back if the cables will allow it?
The way my '04 RK bars were positioned when I bought the bike must have been someone's idea of a joke. I adjusted them as soon as I got the bike home - kind of a PITA but no big deal. RK touring bars will probably be installed this year.
When the service department put them on, he had me sit and pull them to where they were comfortable. But when he was done, they weren't in that position. When I asked he said that the cables weren't long enough to roll them back any more. I don't know, all I have to go by is what he said.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:09 PM
malteseyo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hog-doc

Are the Harley pullbacks the same as the Harley touring bars? And did you have to change the cables? How about the Klock Werks ergo backs, do the cables have to be changed on them? Do you know anything about the Road King reduced reach bars? Ack, too many to figure out what is best.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:22 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

The more bolt upright you are on your bike the more uncomfortable you will be riding any distance or at speed. I find the most comfortable position is with a slight forward lean. This keeps me balanced on the highway without having to grip the bars just to hang on, plus the bumps don't all travel strait up your spine and you can steer using your entire body instead of just your arms

Old 02-10-2010, 09:04 PM
dmax
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't believe the pullback will work with the heated grips on the limited

Quick Reply: Pull back handle bars for touring bikes