Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing just the front wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:58 AM
neano62
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change Both!

IMHO... I'll put it this way! I'll change 3 wheels and tires on my Truck, and put that little spare rim and tire that is used for a Emergency fix on little cars,for my 4th. U-no the one that says dont go over 50mph and that is about as big as a water float that goes around your kid in a pool. That will save me more money for other things. Change them both Dude! I put a 17"6.25 width with a 200 mm.tireon the rear,21"3.5 up front with matching rotors.Everything bolts rite on and adds that Complete Custom look that ya want!BTW... makes these guys runnin around with there 18"5.5 180 tire want more! LOL! IMHO!!!

Attached Thumbnails Changing just the front wheel?-015-1-1-1-.jpg  
Old 02-07-2010, 11:02 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I did just the front at first as well. With a chrome wheel on the front and a black one on the rear I did notice. Once I did the rear wheel you would notice it more. I'm sure with stretched bags you don't see it as much. Maybe I am just to **** but I have to do both.

I have looked through magazines and would see a bike with tons of chrome, custom paint, etc, and there would be the stock cast wheel. My eye would go to the rear wheel.

There is nothing wrong with asking for opinions on here. I have done it as well. But in the end it is your bike and your money. Do just the front and look at it for awhile and see if you like it.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:11 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Last oct I put the Ulta Limited front wheel only on my 09 Classic.When I stood back and looked at the bike ,I was 2 seconds deciding to order the rear one.The rear polished alum wheel stood out like a sore thumb,even though my bike is lowered and can only see about two inches of the rim.Can't wait to get the rear one on...I have the wheel but the bike is 60 miles away in storage until apr.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:13 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

You only see the rear wheel if you look for it. When I get a bagger, front only and more money for other stuff. Figure the cost of the rear wheel, pulley and rotor are at least $1000 if not more depending on the wheels you go with.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:26 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

I'll be putting the HD Agitator wheel on the front after I wear the free 408 tire out that HD gave me. I'm thinking about blacking out the aluminum trim around the stock rear wheel which will make the rear wheel just about disappear. It sounds good anyway!!!

Old 02-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Peck
Cruiser

Its half assed to not put a matching rear wheel on!

Old 02-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Schmidtty
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally will be doing the front only as well on my SG. If I do the rear it will only be a Fat Boy Disc wheel...if money was no object, I of course would do both, but I have way too m any other toys I would like to spend money on as well! ;o)

Cheers,

Schmidtty

Old 02-07-2010, 05:59 PM
ENTERPRISE
Tourer

imao you need to do both.you can always tell when some one does'nt.it bugs me to see a bike in those mags and they dont even finish the build.to me it just adds to the overall look of the bike.when it is parked you can see the bottom of the wheel and you can always tell.just wait till you have enough for both jm2c

Old 02-07-2010, 06:06 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree that it looks unfinished

Old 02-07-2010, 06:07 PM
fairplay
Road Master

I went back and forth for about a sec. It would drive me nuts to have mismatched wheels. Your choice, your wheels but you will always know your rear wheel is ghetto. As soon as I get the streached bags on, I will not be able to see it but I know it is there and complete.

It's kinda like getting your sis in the sack. Sure you got a little action but hey man, it's your sis. Know what I mean?

Quick Reply: Changing just the front wheel?