Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Handel Bars

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:56 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Street Glide Handel Bars

Does anyone know the width, rise and pull back of the stock handel bars on an '06 Street Glide? Thanks.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:31 PM
blowe
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Street Glide Handel Bars

Tip to tip
30.25"

base width
15.75"

rise
7.25"

pullback
6.25"

Old 07-24-2006, 06:35 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Post, dam it now I want new bars!!!!!!!! I want more pull back!!!

Bob

Old 07-24-2006, 06:53 PM
bdjhog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I'm also considering a different handel bar with a litle more pullback. Stock bars seems to give me that shoulder blade burn I used to get with my Sportster before I put on a set of Road Kind Touring bars. Thanks again for the info.

Old 07-24-2006, 06:56 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: bdjhog

Thanks. I'm also considering a different handel bar with a litle more pullback. Stock bars seems to give me that shoulder blade burn I used to get with my Sportster before I put on a set of Road Kind Touring bars. Thanks again for the info.
That is why I get a sore left sholder!!!! Plus I could lean back on the bike more with bars that would come back to me more too.

Anyone out there have some recomendations for bars that fit on a Street Glide??

Bob

Old 07-24-2006, 07:29 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,837 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Wild one has one that is pretty cool.

www.wild1inc.com

lp

Old 07-24-2006, 07:54 PM
blowe
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

That is why I get a sore left sholder!!!! Plus I could lean back on the bike more with bars that would come back to me more too.

Bob
55914-98

Harley pullback bar.Fits '97-later Electra GlideĀ® models. Requires separate purchase of clutch cable P/N 38649-98, throttle/idle cable and Brake line Kit P/N 45212-97B.

tip to tip
30.75"

base width
15.00"

rise
8.00"

pullback
7.50"

These are supposed to bring everything 2' closer to you.Of course as others said Wild1 has some really nice bars if you like the larger diameter bars and internal wiring.I personally like the stock bars and the only reason I swapped mine was to install a set I had powdercoated black.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:16 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Oliver Clozoff

ORIGINAL: HD Renegade

Bob
55914-98

Harley pullback bar.Fits '97-later Electra GlideĀ® models. Requires separate purchase of clutch cable P/N 38649-98, throttle/idle cable and Brake line Kit P/N 45212-97B.

tip to tip
30.75"

base width
15.00"

rise
8.00"

pullback
7.50"

These are supposed to bring everything 2' closer to you.Of course as others said Wild1 has some really nice bars if you like the larger diameter bars and internal wiring.I personally like the stock bars and the only reason I swapped mine was to install a set I had powdercoated black.

Oliver

Thank you for the info and part numbers. I was not sure if I would have to deal with cables too!!!! That sort of adds a few more $$$ to the whole deal.

Bob

Old 07-24-2006, 08:22 PM
blowe
Tourer

Bob honestly Im not so sure you can't do it with the cables you have on the bike now rather than swapping.

I'm sure somebody here has done a swap for a similar bar and can answer for sure if you would need new cables or not.

Also have you thought about trying to rotate the bars back to you just a bit rather than changing the bars all together?

Old 07-24-2006, 08:30 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Yes I do remember someone on here did it just before the riding season started too. I had not really thought about rotating the bars, that might be a good place to start for a little bit of added comfort too.

Thanks

Bob

Quick Reply: Street Glide Handel Bars