Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide morfed to Classic or ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 10:43 AM
hobbes2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Glide morfed to Classic or ultra?

So , in o7 sold the wide glide and buy a flhx. Wanted touring bike , fairing , ect.... Thought the ultra was overkill. Since then we have added detach tourpac, cruise, front lights,taller shield, 13 inch shocks (12 inch useless), better seat,cams , 13 bars, larger floor boards front and back. All of the work has been done by me withparts from here or craigslist or ebay so cost has not been to bad. I am now liking the wider look of the bag gaurds around the bags and the extra lights on the ultra for safety. So , slowly the bike has made its way to a full dresser, are we crazy????!!!! has anyone else ended up doing this. I would like to add the bars and lights but am feeling crazy to do so, but am having a hell of a fun time playing over the last few years. We own the bike outright so trade and new loan has never been an option to buy an ultra. Has anyone else bought a flhx and ended up morfing into classic or ultra ? Oh well its been fun.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:49 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

This was the main reason I went EGC over SG. It's all good though your gonna spend mo money regardless !

Last edited by acchd; 02-06-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Glide'n09
Tourer

I personally bought my SG with every intention of morphing it. As soon as it was ordered I went straight to Zanotti's and got the detatch tour pak and lowers. I never really planned on adding additional lighting, but I am leaning towards the new smoked LED tour pak light and auxillary lighting for the front. Not so much for looks, but the safety issue is there.

Here are the pics of what I have so far..

Attached Thumbnails Street Glide morfed to Classic or ultra?-rfront.jpg   Street Glide morfed to Classic or ultra?-rrear.jpg  
Old 02-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain

I bought a classic and just finished morphing it into an Ultra...did it with parts off ebay and discounts. If I had to do over, would have bought the Ultra to start, but been a fun project and have added other stuff also along the way. Still have plenty more I want to do.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:06 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always liked the looks of the Street Glide, and almost bought one twice. But, when I calculated the cost to make the changes that I knew I would end up doing, I always ended up buying the Ultra instead.

Old 02-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Johnny Wolf
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Funny...I've been doing the opposite.

Loaded down:

Stripped down:

I sold the full saddlebag guards, and front/rear bumpers. I still have everything else for the long trips though.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

This is an interesting thread. It just goes a long way toward proving the adage that most of us are truly never happy with what we've got, and the grass always seems to be greener on the other side, though we know it's often not. I purchased my Street Glide because I thought it looked badass, and I still feel like the Ultra's not really for me, though it's one nice ride. I've since purchased a detachable TP but have only used it four times in 12 months. It's very handy to have and I'm glad I purchased it, but I don't like it hanging off the back of the bike 24/7. So far, after 13 months, by bike is still in the original FLHX trim form and I like it...

Old 02-06-2010, 01:17 PM
GAZippoman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it's just me and the fact that down here in the South we can ride nearly all year long, but rather than work on it, I'd rather be riding it! Can't imagine my Limited being down for 3-4 days when I could be getting seat time.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:24 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Similar path for us. '08 FLHX with detachable tour pac. Keep it on most of the time, but still like the look when it's off. Sundowner seat, because we ride 2-up a lot. Passing lamps. Haven't added the lowers yet, but I'm thinking about it. Probably do the front end first - and exhaust comes before that.

Glide'n09 - how are you liking the Monster Ovals? That's the direction I think I'm going, but I want to hear the Jackpot Dyno Tuned Mufflers before I decide.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Glide'n09
Tourer

Originally Posted by FloridaFLHX

Glide'n09 - how are you liking the Monster Ovals? That's the direction I think I'm going, but I want to hear the Jackpot Dyno Tuned Mufflers before I decide.
I like them. They have a mellow tone, very deep. I didn't think they were loud enough till I let a friend ride it. Sounds real good going down the road. On the downside, I have scraped them a few times. I didn't think I was leaning that deep either.

Quick Reply: Street Glide morfed to Classic or ultra?