Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide morfed to Classic or ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 03:09 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

All I've doen in the 'morphing' process was to add the detachable TP.

Easy on, easy off

Old 02-06-2010, 03:15 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

funny right before the Streeglides were introduced I pulled up to the harley dealer in Spokane and the salesman wanted to know how I got a streetglide as they were not in the dealers yet but they knew they were coming.

Attached Thumbnails Street Glide morfed to Classic or ultra?-dsc_0597-1-2-.jpg  
Old 02-06-2010, 06:05 PM
hobbes2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still love the look of the flhx . I guess that some of the things i liked about the flhx became impractical like the smaller footboards for my size 12 boots and the ride of a 12 inch shock 2 up. I still like the clean look of the fenders , the gauges ect... and can pretty quickly get back down to that now. If i add the bars to the bags that would be tough to quick change for short rides for that clean look, but the tour pac sometimes looks out of balance up there to me without that width below with the bars on. Anyway , with 20 inch of fresh white stuff we wont be riding for a couple of weeks .

Old 02-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

I've converted my '06 SG a long time ago. My sig pic is very old so it don't reflect the changes which were made for Comfort. I love the look of the SG but my comfort is more important.
I have added auxillary lights, standard 13" shocks, floorboards, hard color matched lowers, sundowner seat and taller windshield. I will never add a tour pak, just don't like the looks of them.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:50 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Bought a EG Standard late 06, lowered it, stereo, passenger back rest, then chopped tour pak, then king tour pak, added rear rear speaker pods, chromed engine & many other parts.....you get the picture! Oh yea, just ordered the lower fairings today! Would have been WAY money ahead to just buy the Ultra to begin with. Plus, I still don't have cruise control!

Old 02-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Big M
Cruiser

I went in for a '10 Rode Glide (with out the wife's Knowlege), when I made the decission to buy I let her know. To my suprise I didn't get much flack, she just said she wanted the 'cushy back rest w/ speakers. By the time I started adding up all the extras I said screw it and got the Ultra. No regrets.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Popsflhtc
Novice

I have the 08 EG Classic,have lowered it,flair windshield,SE slip on's.
I almost bought the FLHX but knew there would be changes comming.
The tour pack stays on full time as the little woman has moved in with organizer set up.
The side bags with chrome guards are mine.
I have a pair of the HD slip on lowers for the Engine guards on the cool mornings, pull them off asap to clean up the look a little.[ Gone but not forgotten, 04 Deuce ]
Pop's......

Old 02-06-2010, 08:23 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was well on my way converting an '07 Road King Classic to a full dresser myself. I had a set of hard bags, fairing lowers and a King tour-pak at the paint shop. All I needed was an H-D fairing. Everything came to a halt when I bought the Ultra Classic of my dreams.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

"Morphing" has been going on a long time, especially stripping down EG Classics and Ultras. HD picked up on the morphing when it introduced the Street Glide and began offering detachable kits for Classics and Ultras. As recently as at least 2005, the detachable tour pak racks didn't list fitment information for use on EG Classics and Ultras; same for detachable passenger backrests. Now, HD offers detach kits for Ultras that include light harnesses, AM/FM antenna, and CB antenna parts.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:43 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a used Ultra in 05 for a good deal. After getting rear-ended, I've morphed the bike into a convertible of sorts. Removed the speakers from the tour pack and installed new ones in the lowers. Made the tour pack detachable, removed the rails around the saddlebags and the bumpers as well. I can swap out my stock ultra seat for a Mustang daytripper in seconds. I also have a detachable sissy bar for my wife when I don't have the tour pack installed. It's really like having three bikes in in one. Check out the pics I posted in the Ultra/EG without tour pack thread.

Quick Reply: Street Glide morfed to Classic or ultra?