Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beach Bars

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:03 AM
bigbobby
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beach Bars

I got beach bars from a buddy but my switch connections will not go through the bars . Do I cut the wires and spice them or do they make a connection to extened them throgh the bars? or should I buy thicker bars

Old 02-06-2010, 06:07 AM
jrstar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigbobby
I got beach bars from a buddy but my switch connections will not go through the bars . Do I cut the wires and spice them or do they make a connection to extened them throgh the bars? or should I buy thicker bars
Have you taken the plugs off of the end of your wires? If not,break out the service manual and take them off. Just draw a REAL GOOD diagram of where they go. If the bars require longer wires, you can either splice or get a extended wire kit that will solder on to your wires.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:28 AM
fairplay
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a pretty good chance the wires need to be lengthened anyway. Cut and solder. Don't even think about the butt splices that come with a lot of kits.

I never seem to have the many different colors used my factory so I cut the harness in the mid and solder in solid color. label well and feed wires. once fed, solder the other side of the wire harness. Yes, I know this way has 2 connections on each wire but they are solder connections and there is nothing to worry about. Just use a quality shrink wrap tubing. wire extention kits go for $20-$60.... you can do it this way for about $15 that includes buying a cheapo soldering iron from geek shack.