Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MoCo's new speedo/tach for Road Kings

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:12 PM
tonnetje
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here a picture on my bike
its i nice combo
and yes the 6th gear ligths green up

Attached Thumbnails MoCo's new speedo/tach for Road Kings-044-resized.jpg   MoCo's new speedo/tach for Road Kings-018-resized.jpg  
Old 04-18-2010, 06:26 PM
harley2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going to follow this one

Old 04-18-2010, 06:37 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Ive installed one for a customer, simple plug and play but I had to use a Sporty derby cover quad ring to take up some slack in the mounting ring. Yes it does have the 6th gear indicator and all other stock lights!

Old 04-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I installed mine on my RK yesterday, a simple 10 minute job working carefully.

So far so good, it's very easy to read both the tach and the speedo, and the speedo accuracy is spot-on when compared with my GPS.

The backlighting is very bright even in the daytime. The downside to that is at night I get a bit of reflection on my windshield from the orange light, it would be nice if it had a dimming function. No doubt my height (5'7'') is a factor. Taller riders who look over the windshield more wouldn't notice it.

Btw, it's made in India so that might explain the cheaper price. Quality seems very good though.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:26 AM
topgeye
Intermediate

Does MOCO or any after market have one for older models such as my 03 RKC? I really haven't looked around yet but would like to have at least a tach.
Rog

Old 04-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Hrod
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it also show the lights for optional equipment like ABS, alarm and cruise control? Thanks

Old 04-19-2010, 09:47 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Just a quick note, this solution won't work without mods because the new speedo is slightly smaller in diameter than the stock one.

Last edited by Twinrider; 04-26-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:56 PM
hdjdh3
6th Gear

tonnetje,
Looks great, I've been thinking about this same thing. Any chance you could post a pic with the power on or with it idling? The red marker for the tach looks about the same size as the white thousands markers. Prob just the angle of the pic tho? Is it easy enough to see? thanks

Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Ricky06Roadking
Cruiser

I love the look but the HD website says it only fits 08 and up. I have a 06 RK 88ci/5sp and I wish they had one for my model. The brushed nostagia combo is sweet but 450 bones is pretty steep.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Spaceteach
Intermediate

I got one also. As others have said all indicator lights and functions on the stock speedo are also on this one. The tach pointer stands out much more (easier to see) in real life than it appears in the catalog picture.
My problem was the backlight. I'm 5'10" and have no trouble seeing over the windshield. The glare on the windshield at night from the backlight was really distracting to me. It looked to me as if there was about a 4 to 6 inch orange/red band across the windshield. It was bad enough that I pulled the tach/speedo and went back to the stock speedometer.
Another drawback to me was the digital speed readout. I've had several other bikes with digital speedometers and liked them, but they were all mounted higher and in front of the handlebars. I found on the Road King that the analog display of the stock speedo was easier to read at a glance.
I still want a tach on the bike, but I'm going to explore some other options.
By the way, the above observations and preferences are just my opinions. I'm sure there are others that will feel this is the best accessory they ever put on their bike. It just didn't work out for me personally.

Quick Reply: MoCo's new speedo/tach for Road Kings