Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MoCo's new speedo/tach for Road Kings

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Spaceteach
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

patsfan,
I'm not a fan of the glare either (that's why mine is back in the box), but I like the other features of the guage. If anyone comes up with a solution to the glare, I'll put it back on in a heartbeat.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:51 AM
XRider
Cruiser

Shame they don't have a brightness adjustment like on cage dashboards.

Old 05-06-2010, 05:54 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spaceteach
Texasmike,
If you look at the picture of the guage face, I think the ABS indicator is the lower right icon. I don't have ABS on my bike, but the symbol looks the same as the ABS indicator Harley uses on their other guages. As far as I could tell during the time I had it installed, all functions and indicators on the stock guage are on this one too.
Correct. It's got all the functions whether the bike you install it does or not. Cruise Control, ABS, etc. All there.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:42 PM
lewain
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got mine installed and took it out for test run. Love it but noticed something strange.
When I turn on my cruise control the indicator light lights up amber in color (as it should).
Then when I engage the cruise control the indicator light lights up green in color (as it should).
Then when I roll off the throttle to disengage the cruise control the light then goes out
completly, on my old stock unit it went back to amber.
Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just mine?

Old 05-10-2010, 05:53 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member

Originally Posted by lewain
Got mine installed and took it out for test run. Love it but noticed something strange.
When I turn on my cruise control the indicator light lights up amber in color (as it should).
Then when I engage the cruise control the indicator light lights up green in color (as it should).
Then when I roll off the throttle to disengage the cruise control the light then goes out
completly, on my old stock unit it went back to amber.
Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just mine?
I've never rolled off the throttle to disengage the cruise control. A mere touch of the brake or flip the main cc switch off turns mine off. The cc light turns amber if it disengages using the brake. I agree it would be nice to have a dimmer incorporated into the display. I look over the windshield so the glare is not in my view like a shorter person but it should have a control to defeat that.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:16 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Spaceteach
patsfan,
I'm not a fan of the glare either (that's why mine is back in the box), but I like the other features of the guage. If anyone comes up with a solution to the glare, I'll put it back on in a heartbeat.

My mechanic fabricated a simple aluminum ring so I could use this Kuryakyn bezel with the gauge (which is slightly smaller in diameter than the stock speedo). The bezel cuts 90 percent of the glare, making it a non-issue for me and I'm pretty picky when it comes to that kind of thing. I'll try to post a pic of my actual setup later.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:05 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member

Twinrider: I checked the Harley bezel similar to the one you pictured. It didn't block much glare as I saw it about 1/2 maybe. I am not troubled by the glare but I wanted to see if I could block it using something readily available. Don't look like it to me.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BigGdawg
Twinrider: I checked the Harley bezel similar to the one you pictured. It didn't block much glare as I saw it about 1/2 maybe. I am not troubled by the glare but I wanted to see if I could block it using something readily available. Don't look like it to me.
I just got done with a 2500 mile road trip using the Kuryakyn bezel and as I posted it cut the glare by about 90 percent, leaving just a very thin band of light that didn't bother me at all.

Of course, your result would also depend on your height in the saddle. Fwiw, I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam, and am using a Sunray saddle.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:53 AM
harley.2006
Intermediate

I have a 2006 Road king FLHRI (canadian bike)
Will this tack/speeo combo install on my bike??? are the connectors etc compatable?
any help would be great as I am thinking of geting one soonest

By the way , the reason I am getting one is i have the spun tack/speedo combo on my bike and blew an instrument fuse which made my odometer completely balnk.....can these be repaired (new chip)???

Old 05-20-2010, 06:53 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

first i'd see if the dealer can arrange a repair as it's oem

Quick Reply: MoCo's new speedo/tach for Road Kings