Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Lowers Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011 | 05:47 PM
D1gger
Road Captain

Originally Posted by skratch
i've got a huge list of them for you. by the time you get done putting them together, you'll have a 2010

according to the hd website:
That description looks like it will fit my 90 FLTC no problem, but where is this big list you have for me?(or better yet, what part numbers will I need to put metallic burgundy lowers on my bike?)

Old 06-16-2011 | 08:45 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by D1gger
That description looks like it will fit my 90 FLTC no problem, but where is this big list you have for me?(or better yet, what part numbers will I need to put metallic burgundy lowers on my bike?)
here's the link to the webpage with all the different lowers available. you might end up going with black, or primered and paint to match......

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 06-17-2011 | 05:02 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain

I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, so bear with me.......

So for my 2010 I don't need the additional parts (fairing mount and chrome lower mounts), is that correct? I think the way I'm reading it the older bikes (before 10) needed these parts to put on the vented lowers. Would I just need the lowers themselves or do I need any other hardware? Also, does anybody recommend the hardware kit to make them more easily removable?

Thanks guys

Old 06-17-2011 | 05:12 PM
Jags93
Road Master

That's right all you need are the lowers. They will bolt right on. They come with the hardware to install. The quick attach hardware is separate.

Old 06-17-2011 | 05:42 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SharkBite
I'm not the brightest bulb in the box, so bear with me.......

So for my 2010 I don't need the additional parts (fairing mount and chrome lower mounts), is that correct? I think the way I'm reading it the older bikes (before 10) needed these parts to put on the vented lowers. Would I just need the lowers themselves or do I need any other hardware? Also, does anybody recommend the hardware kit to make them more easily removable?

Thanks guys
to reiterate jags, you buy the lowers, and you get everything you need, glovebox, etc. now, you can buy a quick detach kit that runs around $70 or so. but all that really does for you is make it a 'toolless' removal. there is only 3 nuts holding them on, don't waste your money on the kit.

Old 06-18-2011 | 08:41 AM
SharkBite
Road Captain

appreciate it, thanks again

Old 06-18-2011 | 09:39 AM
Thor
Road Master

Originally Posted by groupw
........... boy, are you gonna enjoy having those lowers !
..... jmo, but i think adding the lowers makes the RG look even more aggressive, more 'forward leaning' than w/o them.
I was just thinking the same thing...it adds a certain "edginess" to it. Looks great

Old 06-18-2011 | 10:17 AM
SharkBite
Road Captain

alright, one more question and I'll put it to rest. If I order the lowers for my 10 road glide I believe they do not come with the glove boxes themselves, or do they?? I don't really care about the locking glove box doors but may consider them if the price isn't a whole lot different.

I've been spending an hour trying to figure out the part numbers for the glove boxes if they're not included. I was gonna order from lshd1.com but the way to use their site is to just enter the part numbers. If anybody can help me out with the part numbers/options I would appreciate it

Old 06-18-2011 | 10:43 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SharkBite
alright, one more question and I'll put it to rest. If I order the lowers for my 10 road glide I believe they do not come with the glove boxes themselves, or do they?? I don't really care about the locking glove box doors but may consider them if the price isn't a whole lot different.

I've been spending an hour trying to figure out the part numbers for the glove boxes if they're not included. I was gonna order from lshd1.com but the way to use their site is to just enter the part numbers. If anybody can help me out with the part numbers/options I would appreciate it
if you buy the 'vented fairing lowers', using the stock numbers from the link in my earlier post, they come complete. you don't have to buy any mounting hardware, glove boxes, or anything. now the snaps are kinda cheesy (and plastic) and some folks have removed them and replaced them with metal. there is also a insert liner that you can purchase, similar to that of the tourpak liner. but, you do not have to buy those...

this is what you get for your $500

Old 06-18-2011 | 11:26 AM
drukanfu
Supporter

Of course the vented is better but I Had the non-vented on a "96 Ultra and had good enought air flow, didn't run into any overheating problems ever. No oil cooler.....but then again it was a EVO 80 ci. Latter on if needed you can put in seperate air vents.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Lowers Installed