Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Bezel

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 06:45 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's Nuts.....I can buy alot of beer for $300

Old 02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
silverbullitt
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is ONE HIGH dollar headlight trim ring.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:58 PM
DoobieBrother
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is that thing diamond encrusted?

Old 02-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think Headwinds products are CNCed out of Billet aluminum. Most others including Harley are stamped and chromed steel, accounting for the higher cost. Very nice stuff and if money was no object...

Old 02-06-2010, 07:29 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tpmurray
I think Headwinds products are CNCed out of Billet aluminum..
Correct.
And their stuff is absolutely flawless.
I've had 3 items from Headwinds over the years...each one was perfect.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:56 AM
hwork
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is it a common thing for the visored trim ring (PN 69733-05) to have the gap around the bottom? I thought I had done something wrong or gotten a bad piece. It looks good from the side and from the front until you get close and see the gap around the bottom. I have tried snugging it up a little more but that didnt do much.......

Old 02-06-2010, 10:17 AM
emtglide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where is the one for the road glides?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hwork
Is it a common thing for the visored trim ring (PN 69733-05) to have the gap around the bottom? I thought I had done something wrong or gotten a bad piece. It looks good from the side and from the front until you get close and see the gap around the bottom. I have tried snugging it up a little more but that didnt do much.......
Yes. If you do a search, you'll find a bunch of threads on this problem. A select few claim to have been able to close the gap but I've tried a hundred times and no luck here.

One member called Harley and was told it was engineered to have a gap. Right now I have a small piece of metal tape (Ace/Dale's Hardware) over the gap to mask it, but it still bothers the hell out of me.

I might just spring for the Headwinds after all. Yeah, it's pricey but not compared to the rest of the bike.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:06 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

When I saw it, I figured maybe $150-$175 but over $300 and then shipping, No. I could afford it but if we continue to spend big big money on trinkets, the prices will never be in line with what the products are actually worth and we all will suffer.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Damascus
Yes. If you do a search, you'll find a bunch of threads on this problem. A select few claim to have been able to close the gap but I've tried a hundred times and no luck here.

One member called Harley and was told it was engineered to have a gap. Right now I have a small piece of metal tape (Ace/Dale's Hardware) over the gap to mask it, but it still bothers the hell out of me.

I might just spring for the Headwinds after all. Yeah, it's pricey but not compared to the rest of the bike.
Update ...

Well, I'm in. Just ordered the Headwinds Mariah bezel. Couldn't stand that cheapo looking gap - front and center! - on such a beautiful bike.

I'm laughing at myself right now because after so many function-only sport bikes and swearing I'd never get into that stupid Harley chrome doodad crap, I've become one of the worst Harley chrome doodad addicts I know!

How bad is it you ask? ...

The 2-1/2" Chrome Medallion Harley PN 99028-87T has the exact same diameter as the top of the speed release "hockey puck" on my RK Police.

Last edited by Damascus; 02-22-2010 at 11:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Headlight Bezel