Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto Package & Woods Cam ordered! PUMPED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 12:20 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel Moto Package & Woods Cam ordered! PUMPED!!!

Just got off the phone with Keith at Fuel Moto, and ordered their complete set-up for my Limited; header pipe + Stage 1, and the new Woods TW6 cam! The dyno sheets look GREAT with this stuff, and I can hardly wait!

I've talked myself into doing the cam swap myself, even though I've never done one before! So, ANY suggestions from fellow first-timers would be appreciated! Reassurance that I haven't bitten off more than I can chew would be great too.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:24 PM
ltdan
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put the header, Dyno Tuned slip ons, PC V and stage one from them on my Limited, great set up. How much more do the cams give you?

Great bike, but the blue is supposed to be on top!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:28 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

itdan, do a search for "cams", and you'll find a hundred threads with dyno sheets and everything. When you search, look for one that was started by fuelmoto, and he's got several dyno sheets showing their results. By the way when the weather breaks I'm riding up to Jamie's shop and having him put in my cams and give it a good dyno-tune.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:29 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

You're doing it yourself on a 2010 scoot? How many miles do you have on it? Hmm...I know that alot of people are going to "chime in"; but unless you got a good relationship with your HD service dept, then you may be asking for trouble when it comes time for warranty issues. The Stage 1 is no big deal, apart from the tuning; but the cam swap is an entirely different type of mod....Just my 2 cents

Old 02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

either way you go good luck. And make sure you have no excess bolts

Old 02-05-2010, 12:40 PM
p.t.r.
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my .02 worth: Take your time, pay attention to detail and if you get stuck go to Jaimie at Fuel Moto (like you didn't already know that). It can be done in the garage but don't hurry.
Before you do anything, make sure your local dealer is cool with it. Some are ****** about cams and will threaten you with the warranty void if you don't "let" them do it.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:44 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man the HD dealers have a lot of people worried! I don't ever give a **** what my dealer says, the bottom line is, they can only refuse you warranty coverage if whatever's wrong can be directly related to the modification you've done. If you've got an electrical issue they can't deny you warranty coverage because you've installed a different, after-market cam. Dealers are always trying to tell people "you can't do this or that because it will void your warranty", and it's just a load of crap.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:48 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer

Originally Posted by ltdan
I put the header, Dyno Tuned slip ons, PC V and stage one from them on my Limited, great set up. How much more do the cams give you?

Great bike, but the blue is supposed to be on top!
++16HP and 6TQ with the cam!

Old 02-05-2010, 12:55 PM
ltdan
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
itdan, do a search for "cams", and you'll find a hundred threads with dyno sheets and everything. When you search, look for one that was started by fuelmoto, and he's got several dyno sheets showing their results. By the way when the weather breaks I'm riding up to Jamie's shop and having him put in my cams and give it a good dyno-tune.
Not interested in hundreds of threads! One question to a guy with the same (except for upside down paint scheme) bike as mine ain't so bad...

Old 02-05-2010, 12:56 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer

Originally Posted by aviscomi
You're doing it yourself on a 2010 scoot? How many miles do you have on it? Hmm...I know that alot of people are going to "chime in"; but unless you got a good relationship with your HD service dept, then you may be asking for trouble when it comes time for warranty issues. The Stage 1 is no big deal, apart from the tuning; but the cam swap is an entirely different type of mod....Just my 2 cents
Wow! Really??? I guess I wasn't even expecting this kind of input! Do you guys really have this attitude with your dealer, mods, and warranty issues?? Really??? WTF.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto Package & Woods Cam ordered! PUMPED!!!