Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gotta vent! I'm so furstrated my head is about to explode!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:06 PM
twodollarbill
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Relax, just complain about the repair job and demand a new lid.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Capt. Mike
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You buy it in N.O. Hope not.
New lid my man. You didn't buy a used bike.

H D motor company cust. service. 414-343-4056 call em, that's B.S.

Last edited by Capt. Mike; 02-03-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: info
Old 02-03-2010, 07:16 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Had that happened at my shop we would have ordered a new lid, but since you agreed to the repair, welcome to the dealers world of dealing with painters! We have heard "you'll have it tomarrow" so many times its rediculous. We just started using apainter that actually delivers when he says he will. We'll see how long it lasts though!

Old 02-03-2010, 07:20 PM
ksblender
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Kajun, that dealer wouldn't happen to be Cajun HD in Lafayette would it? If so, I had almost the exact same experience with them this past spring trying to get some insurance related paint work done on my Ultra. Twice they missed a promised delivery date and both times the service manager blamed it on the painter. After talking to a couple of the techs that I know in the shop, I find out it was the SM's fault, he just forgot to tell the painter anything about it.

If you are talking about Cajun HD you are right, they really are a good dealership with the exception of a few problems in the service department. Also, if they are using Johnny's Custom Paint in Broussard for the paint you should be very pleased with the results. He does top notch work and is highly regarded in this area. Good luck.

I would like to add that I agree with most posters here. You bought a new bike, they screwed it up, they should make it right and that don't mean patch and paint. I would insist they replace the lid.

Last edited by ksblender; 02-03-2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added comment
Old 02-03-2010, 07:23 PM
carlo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Should of Ordered you a new factory painted lid. I don't care how good the painter is I can always tell a repaint. Also may look good to day but down the road ive seen repaints. Spider, Alligator, Flake or age different then the orginal paint. They f**k up you paid them to install as you wanted done right. Hindsight is 20/20. F**k being a nice guy call them tell them you want a new lid for the above reasons. That you ain't happy. I feel your pain had **** like that happen to me through out my life . Cars ,Bikes, Furniture, work done around my house. They all got a line of how good they are and all the other BS that goes along when they F up. Now Im ranting. Mother F**KERS work on your oil burner leave a mess. Buy new furnture it's delivered with a nick or scratch. Bought a new TV years ago broke two days later. They send a guy over takes out all the guts 2 weeks go by. I call and say my money back or a brand new TV got a new TV. keep us posted.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Never rush a painter. Are you nuts???? Painting is an art.
Do you rush your barber? Do you rush your tat guy? WTF

Do you want it to look real good, or do you want to rush the guy into giving you a half *** job. Let's be realistic here. This is body work involved. You can't just race through it and have it look perfect.

Take the rest of the tour pack off and ride, or ride without the lid.
Don't be a silly man and tantrum your way into paint with flaws.

One week? You are crying over one week??????

I feel bad for the dealer and the painter. LOL They don't need too many customers like you. He he!

Old 02-03-2010, 07:26 PM
dakajun
Cruiser

Cajun HD is correct. I know Geoffery will make it right if I end up having to take it to him and yes it is Johnny that's doing the paint. Heard a lot of good things about his work.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:27 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think if you politely complain loud enough the dealership will make it right. Maybe bring up that if the service department will let a crooked rack get out their door with no quality control, how can they be trusted with oil changes and engine work. Are they going to patch up and buff out those kinds of mistakes?

Old 02-03-2010, 07:31 PM
dakajun
Cruiser

Lighten up Fa$$ ed, I'm just a little frustrated. My guess is that your a painter. HeHe

Old 02-03-2010, 07:34 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BadPiggy
Noway in hell I'd take a repaired lid on a NEW bike because of a mechanics screwup.

NOWAY!
PLUS ONE you can't be really settling for less the new from the factory..report the dealer to milwaukee headquarters

Quick Reply: Gotta vent! I'm so furstrated my head is about to explode!