Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3M Tape

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 02:06 PM
CFDgrunt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3M Tape

I read on here a couple years ago that some people have used 3M tape on fenders, forks, bags, etc. to keep them from getting stone chips. I'm heading to Alaska this summer, and i know my scoot is gonna take a beating so i wanted to take some preventive measures to at least try and save it somewhat. Any how i was just wondering if anybody has ever used it and what kind they used, and how easy does it come off.

Any info would be appreciated, Thanks

Old 02-03-2010, 02:30 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This was posted on here a couple weeks ago so try a search for film or tape. I sure would like to go to Alaska!!!!

Old 02-03-2010, 02:35 PM
69z28
Road Warrior

I've see it on the top of hard bags but nowhere else.It's pretty perminate I think.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:10 PM
CFDgrunt
Cruiser

I found it guys. I searched it under " Film" and alot of good info popped up.

Thanks for your help. Be safe

Old 02-03-2010, 03:16 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
This was posted on here a couple weeks ago so try a search for film or tape. I sure would like to go to Alaska!!!!
611 posts all of them either a half *** apology or he if we ever meet **** and you telling this guy to do a search

I wish you were in Alaska with out internet ..

Old 02-03-2010, 04:01 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dc
611 posts all of them either a half *** apology or he if we ever meet **** and you telling this guy to do a search

I'll make a Donation...

Old 02-03-2010, 05:01 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

check this out. Essentially covers the entire bike with pre cut film sections. Pretty pricey though. http://www.autotrimdesign.com/Shoppi...-TOUR-1010.PDF

Old 02-03-2010, 05:12 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dc

If I were to be so fortunate to be in Aaska, my dream state, I would give a double squat to people such as yourself other than to pray for you. I have tried to help people where I could, have posted some controversial topics but it is people like you that I would LOVE to meet face to face. I am not a bad person but do not always convey my true message clearly. BTW, there is an emoticon on this site, OMG. So what is up with the non religious posts.

You are in my opinion the one that needs therapy..... Personally I like my xanax and were it not for that you would see a much worse me. In short n8dc you are the one that needs help so screw off. I already asked God to forgive me for my comments but you remain a butt head....

Old 02-03-2010, 05:45 PM
Fister
Advanced

People in Alaska, like to keep to themselves, they don’t like people pushing politics, religion or laws on them.

Back on topic, I have never seen this taped fenders and stuff. Unless your coming up late spring early summer you will be fine with the rocks.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:12 PM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Uh, this thread almost made me forget the OP's question! Anyways, I put some 3M Mask on my tank top. Instructions say dont use on uncured paint but I think in general you can remove it without damage.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...FAQs/#purchase

Quick Reply: 3M Tape