Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3M Tape

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 06:19 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by hover
Uh, this thread almost made me forget the OP's question! Anyways, I put some 3M Mask on my tank top. Instructions say dont use on uncured paint but I think in general you can remove it without damage.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...FAQs/#purchase
Supposedly, you just leave the vehicle out in the sun till it gets really hot & then just lift an edge with a finger nail and pull the film back across itself to remove it and all the adhesive.

Any stick-on graphics will probably come off with the film, though.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:30 PM
AlaskaAviator
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You know we moved out of igloo's awhile back now and ,whoopeee, have paved roads just like you folks "down south".

Old 02-03-2010, 07:43 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Around here people go to window tinting guys who have the film and are experts at applying it around compound curves.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:05 AM
RexBuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had it on the sides of my tank to keep from getting rub marks. Didn't like it as it isn't completely "invisible" like the claims - it just bugged me being there. Finally got some floorboard extensions to push my chubby legs out a bit farther.

If you go to the 3M site, they have instructions on how to remove the plastic - worked fine.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:47 AM
CFDgrunt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alaska Aviator Are you telling me that they paved the Top of the World Highway over the winter along with the Dalton Highway. Those roads are in Alaska aren't they???

I had to go back and look at the title of this thread, and I was right, it was 3M Tape. Not " Please let this ignorant southerner know if you live in a F*@KING igloo and have paved roads in Alaska" thread. There's always one Douche bag on here that has to hi-jack a F*@KING Thread.

Thanks to the rest of you for the helpful info I ASKED FOR.

Be Safe

Last edited by CFDgrunt; 02-04-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:24 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

humm paved roads in Alaska and no more Igloos? What a concept... Since you posted here im betting you have internet too ? Damn .. I got to get out more often.. I still use my old fashioned Ham Radio to talk to people up there and I thought thats the only way they could communicate.. Wow ...
Hijack what ? ....
6 more weeks of winter.. Shoot that groundhog...

Old 02-04-2010, 07:54 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CFDgrunt
Alaska Aviator Are you telling me that they paved the Top of the World Highway over the winter along with the Dalton Highway. Those roads are in Alaska aren't they???

I had to go back and look at the title of this thread, and I was right, it was 3M Tape. Not " Please let this ignorant southerner know if you live in a F*@KING igloo and have paved roads in Alaska" thread. There's always one Douche bag on here that has to hi-jack a F*@KING Thread.

Thanks to the rest of you for the helpful info I ASKED FOR.

Be Safe
Well said. +1 on that response.

I lived up there myself for 6 1/2 years. Noticed lots of insecure, loudmouthed, self-righteous, a$$holes seem to concentrate their numbers there. Not trying to make a political statement, but just look at "some" of the politicians they've produced.

Have a great trip.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:59 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 AM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CFDgrunt
I read on here a couple years ago that some people have used 3M tape on fenders, forks, bags, etc. to keep them from getting stone chips. I'm heading to Alaska this summer, and i know my scoot is gonna take a beating so i wanted to take some preventive measures to at least try and save it somewhat. Any how i was just wondering if anybody has ever used it and what kind they used, and how easy does it come off.

Any info would be appreciated, Thanks
I see your in Cleveland and I have it on my mustang and it was put on down in the portage lakes area at a place called Graphic Accents (330-644-4455) 446. W. Turkeyfood Lake Rd, Akron, Ohio. It was the 3M tape and I'm pretty sure that they do bikes as well. They buy the program that basically cuts out the patterns for the specific bike and parts that you want to cover. You can hardly see the edge lines but I wouldn't recommend it for a white bike as it does yellow over time and then you can see the color change when it's next to the white color. http://www.graphicaccents.net/

Old 02-04-2010, 10:41 AM
CFDgrunt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HuffHuff, Thank you for the link.

Harleybill, Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call and see what kinda price they come up with. Whatever i put on there is gonna be temporary....Go Bucks!!!

Thank you to eveyrone else for your help.

Be Safe

Last edited by CFDgrunt; 02-04-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Quick Reply: 3M Tape