Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amber passing lamps...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 01:02 PM
BoonDock_Saint
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawdawg
I have been giving tis some thought, with all of the blue hairs driving down here anything to be seen during the day will be great.
I was also thinking of doing the mod where the passing lamps will stay on even if the brights are on.
You're assuming these brain dead ****** actually look. They don't.
I'd install the adapter to keep the passing lamps on all the time and get LED lights.

My observations while driving alot on 95 and in the daytona area is (aside from the fact that every 4th car I pass is being operated by a distracted driver) the yellow is dull in daylight, led is always better than sealed or halogen and if your headlights aren't aligned correctly, they sometimes can't really be seen at all from the side. (that last part is assumption, I have no other explanation for it)

Old 09-01-2014, 09:21 AM
C5/FLA
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Headlight & Amber Passing

Just my two cents worth...I found an led replacement for the headlight that fits nicely into the bucket. Just put it in yesterday and took a short ride last night. It may need some adjustment down although no one complained about it. It's a plug and play, no rewiring. It's a high/low beam led stem that replaces a normal H4 bulb. So far I'm pleased with the results.

The LED has a small fan motor attached to the back of it that will require some mod to the rubber dust cover, aside from that no issues at all. It was a bit pricey at around $70.00, but seems worth the investment. Here is the link if you're interested..it really gets the light down the road. It's called a "CREE H4 Motorcycle Headlight Kit"

highperforancebulbs.com

I also found some CREE LED Amber Passing lights that I'm going to order that are high power wide angle amber/orange that are direct 881 replacments. Again, plug & play with no mod required at all. CREE says they're good for 20,000 hours. Here's the link for them as well. Price is around $50.00 for the pair plus shipping.

They're called "CREE 881 XP-E"

Extremebrightleds.com

Good luck & Happy Trails!

Old 09-01-2014, 11:01 AM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

try some vinyl film, easy to apply, protects your lights ans available in many colors.
Best thing about film is you are not limited to crap sealed beam lights and can use good passing lamps. There is no comparison between the sealed beams and some H-3 bulb passing lamps.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:16 PM
tonetls
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Cee Baily's yellow shields and really like the looks and the results when riding day or night. Nice lumination at night

Attached Thumbnails Amber passing lamps...-p1010074.jpg   Amber passing lamps...-p1010079.jpg   Amber passing lamps...-p1010082.jpg  
Old 09-01-2014, 05:22 PM
tonetls
Tourer

Originally Posted by ashmarc
Local auto parts house...... Wagner 4415A amber sealed beam lamps.....

Very nice!!
Man i like that retro look to those lamps......very cool

Old 09-06-2014, 09:17 AM
alarmdoug
Road Warrior
Received 244 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by tonetls
I have the Cee Baily's yellow shields and really like the looks and the results when riding day or night. Nice lumination at night
Looks real good, how does the shield attach?
Ive been searching and completely AMAZED that I can not find a yellow 35 watt H3 bulb.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:54 PM
tonetls
Tourer

Originally Posted by alarmdoug
Looks real good, how does the shield attach?
Ive been searching and completely AMAZED that I can not find a yellow 35 watt H3 bulb.
They are attatched by 3 clear round velcro dots which I am not crazy about so I bought some tri-bar bullet style spotlight trim and hope to use them to hold the yellow lenses on with. It will add to the nostalgia look also

. If you look close you can see the dots about half way down the light.

I will post pics next weekend

Old 04-26-2016, 09:32 PM
Mikal Tetrealt
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yellow passing lights

Originally Posted by tonetls
I want some I have 07 rk custom flhrs with light bar will they fit

Old 04-27-2016, 06:02 AM
Len Turner
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wagners...

Old 04-27-2016, 09:49 AM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Bee n running Trucklite leds with some 3m vinyl on them and they work perfectly.

You can have a SUPERIOR light with the coloration you choose and get rid of the worthless sealed beam technology from the 1930s !!

Quick Reply: Amber passing lamps...