Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amber passing lamps...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:16 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Get some Krylon stained glass paint in the color you like and it will cost $10. Call it a day. http://www.createforless.com/Krylon+...utm_medium=cse

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 02-19-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Davepa
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I'm tempted to do the same. What's involved in mounting them? Do I have to take the outer fairing off to completely remove the 2 passing lamp assemblies or I just have to unscrew the outer rings from the housings to replace the sealed beams? I have an 09 Ultra.
Thanks.
I am watching this thread. I like the thought of being seen better also. Now, is the rain vision better with the amber lights and will they still be useful for lighting the side of the road as we are always watching for deer in my neck of the woods.

Regards Dave

Old 02-19-2010, 10:02 AM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I'm tempted to do the same. What's involved in mounting them? Do I have to take the outer fairing off to completely remove the 2 passing lamp assemblies or I just have to unscrew the outer rings from the housings to replace the sealed beams? I have an 09 Ultra.
Thanks.
Just take the rings off and pop the lamp out, wire up the new and pop them in.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 07RoadHawg
Just take the rings off and pop the lamp out, wire up the new and pop them in.
That's pretty simple, I can do it. <g>
I was afraid I had to take the outer fairing off.
I'm gonna order 2 Wagner amber sealed beams from Ryderfleetproducts.com
Thanks much.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:47 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Davepa
I am watching this thread. I like the thought of being seen better also. Now, is the rain vision better with the amber lights and will they still be useful for lighting the side of the road as we are always watching for deer in my neck of the woods.

Regards Dave
Dude,

How is it going?
I've had amber passing lamps on my Nomad for 8 years and I could see as clearly as with the white ones but not better. My main objective was to be noticed and the amber lights do a better job at it than the white ones.
As for the deer, just be careful, them critters don't care what lights you have. <g>

Old 02-19-2010, 04:11 PM
Davepa
Cruiser

Doing good Fenchie I was to the Burg a few weeks ago took my Father to the Cancer Center for some diagnosis as he has melanoma in the blood. Well they found several spots in the brain and we have started radiation treatment. Follow up at John Hopkins in Baltimore and more radiation and then maybe some Chemo. Was a full day at each place, would have liked to been able join you for lunch but was no way to fit it in.

Checking the vendor you posted to see their pricing for the amber lights.

I also was going to mount them on my 05 Nomad but started getting serious about buying a Ultra and I am glad I made the switch.

The next time I make the trip to M&M Leather I'll give you a shout.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:11 PM
ezryder62881
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mick
I run a pair of Wagner 4415A sealed beams on my 09 and like them very much.
These are screw terminal bulbs , fluted lense , amber.
They have a much wider beam spread at 40 degrees a opposed to the stock 8 degrees.
They're also 35 watt , and no problem for the stock wiring.
It "seems" as though "less" people try to turn in front of me at the last minute than when I ran with the stock setup.
Our local HOG road captain says they are noticeable enough , that he likes me at the rear of a group ride , so he knows where the last bike is.
Aim is critical (and aiming them is a pain) but I feel that it was a worthwhile mod to do.
I can buy these local for about $8.50 per and their lifespan is fairly short compared to stock.
Mick
anyone know what the wattage is on the stock sealed beams?

Old 02-19-2010, 11:23 PM
Terrific Pacific
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-19-2010, 11:31 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawdawg
I have been giving tis some thought, with all of the blue hairs driving down here anything to be seen during the day will be great. SO here is my question. Does it matter if you have an amber lens and white bulb, or a clear lens and an amber bulb? Which would be they better set up? I think I saw some PIAA amber lights that would work.
I was also thinking of doing the mod where the passing lamps will stay on even if the brights are on.

Thanks,
I've had both and I couldn't tell a difference. I currently have the clear lens w/ amber bulb because I think it compliments the head lamp when the bike is parked and the lights are off.

Old 08-09-2014, 03:30 PM
jcinbc
Stage II
Cool Amber passing lights

I have a 2012 Road King and surfed the web for hours and called Harley and can't find amber colored lights. I read through this thread. I looked up the Wagner 4415A then pulled my stock light out to look at the wiring. I guess I have to cut the plug from the bike and manually connect the bulb because it just won't plug in, correct? I don't know if I want to screw up the wiring. I also looked at the lens covers and they are 5" and my bulb is 4 1/2". Has anyone ordered the cover/film to see if it works? JP Cycles does not carry a lamp that fits my bike. A simple request for better lighting and a custom look is not so simple.

Quick Reply: Amber passing lamps...