Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Negotiating Best Buy from Dealer: What's Your Idea on Scoring a Deal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010 | 11:54 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Unome
I've never understood that comment.

You go to/contact a dealer and tell him you're looking for a bike and he gives you "his best price/deal" offer. Then you go to another and get another deal better than the first. So you buy from him.

First dealer gets upset because you didn't give him a chance to beat the price? He had first shot at the deal and by telling you he wishes you had given him a second chance tells me he didn't give you "his best deal" out of the chute.

That happened to me with last bike we bought. One dealer gave me $1,000 more on trade & lower interest rate than the other. Price of bike was the same. The dealer I didn't buy from wanted to know what they could have done to get my business. I told them up front what it would take and they turned it down. My wife told them it was a case of money coming out of our pocket and the less that was coming out, the better.
Man, you're reading my mind! You asked for their best price, if they want a second shot you should give everyone else on the list a chance to beat their "latest" best price. Where does it end? How about just giving us your best price when we first ask? Or don't complain when you lose the business to someone that really wanted the sale?

Old 02-03-2010 | 05:00 PM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Raaze07
Man, you're reading my mind! You asked for their best price, if they want a second shot you should give everyone else on the list a chance to beat their "latest" best price. Where does it end? How about just giving us your best price when we first ask? Or don't complain when you lose the business to someone that really wanted the sale?
Yep, I told that guy who said that to me, well you had your chance.... I have to figure out that SOMEWHERE there is a "Bottom" and guess when I got close to it I should jump on it. (I certainly didn't want to tell the dealer I bought from,, hmmm let me sleep on it,, or let me call the other dealer again,, LOL (Can't gripe about a little over 4,000 off cash, right?)

Old 02-03-2010 | 05:11 PM
bikerick
Cruiser
Default bike

i bought a new 2009 e/g classic in oct..2009......$1000.00 of sticker and 1/2 off prep/ship for a total savings of $1400.00

Old 02-03-2010 | 05:52 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain

went to my local dealer on a Sunday was told deals could be made. the sales managers first offer was about $5000.00 over msrp. got mad came home and sent out about 20 identical emails to dealers in 4 states within a days drive. within a week I had offers varying from $1000.00 over msrp to below msrp out the door the 2 cheapest were a dealer in SC. and cycle world of Athens here in Ga. (side-note cycle world is not just a harley boutique, I mean dealer. they sell other brands also)ran up the next weekend. no games price quoted was the price otd actually the only difficulty was during negotiations I thought it had security it didnt so they put it on for their cost on parts, no labor if you are in metro Atlanta I highly recommend them oh during my rant I forgot where I was going called first dealer back to give them one more chance they told me $2000 over msrp was best they could do and there was no way I could do any better. Oh well