Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm wont shut off !!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010 | 08:22 AM
TMART
Road Master

My 07 King did that a couple of weeks ago,I carry around an extra fob battery in my saddle bag,installed new battery and the alarm shut off and has been working perfectly ever since.

Old 02-03-2010 | 10:16 PM
Big Chris
|
Advanced

Thank you everyone!!

It was the receiver under the seat went bad.....

The following users liked this post:
ictghost (08-03-2021)
Old 08-02-2021 | 03:55 PM
JakeDHoyt
1st Gear
Default Tempermental

Originally Posted by Big Chris
How long is a cycle ? I waited 5 mins and it still wont shut off . turn on ignition .... switch to run..... push the start button ... nothing!! light start flashing ....... then I cuss!
Bottom Line Up Front: Pull the main fuse (under the right side triangular shaped vent-looking thing), wait a good thirty seconds, and then put it back.

Same exact thing happened to me:
Followed the instructions to re-set the pin code, then the blinkers wouldn't stop flashing no matter what I did. Then I pulled the fuse mentioned above, put it back, and it's good.

And yes, the new PIN works! ...although when testing it, naturally, you can't have the key FOB anywhere near the bike.

Gotta love this sh*t: need the key fob to CHANGE the PIN, can't have it near the bike to test.

Gotta love Harley.

Old 08-02-2021 | 04:01 PM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Riders Club Member

yea I bet he fixed it 11 years ago.......oh....he DID!!!

NiteOwl (08-04-2021)
Old 08-02-2021 | 04:04 PM
JakeDHoyt
1st Gear
Default Thanks!

Really, truly - thanks for pointing that out, so very much. Not only did you re-state the obvious, you were very nice about it.

And Harley sold quite a few V Rods in 2009, so I wonder if anyone else has had that problem?

Either way, I really appreciate your letting me know he fixed it 11 years ago. Thank you!

Old 08-02-2021 | 04:11 PM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Welcome aboard from Old Cape Cod!!!

Old 08-02-2021 | 10:47 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by JakeDHoyt

Gotta love this sh*t: need the key fob to CHANGE the PIN, can't have it near the bike to test.

Gotta love Harley.
I don’t know why you would be disparaging Harley over this. If you could change the pin without the fob, then it wouldn’t be very secure would it?

And how would you use the pin to override security if you have the fob with you that automatically shuts off security?

since H-D has gone with the proximity fob in 2007, 99% of the problems that I’ve seen with the system have been owner induced. Most from the owner not even bothering to set/change their pin (even on a used bike purchase). It is a simple system, and imo, works great.

NiteOwl (08-04-2021)
Old 08-03-2021 | 04:45 AM
JakeDHoyt
1st Gear
Default Woops!

Sorry; I sometimes forget Harley-Davidson is a religion for a lot of folks. And I love my V-Rod, I do.

I didn't say the system didn't work well - but the rest of the story is:
First the antenna on the security system went bad, and almost at the same time the key fob battery died.

One would THINK bypassing the security system with the PIN would then allow one to change the access code, but no.

So after a new antenna and a new key fob battery, I CHANGED the access code at which point the flashers didn't stop blinking until I unplugged the main fuse, despite my following the instructions in the owner's manual to the letter.

You are correct: as long as the system works, it works very well. Harleys are, however, notorious for breaking. I know that last statement probably goes against your religion, but it's accurate.

Old 08-03-2021 | 04:50 AM
Screamin beagle
Seasoned HDF Member

I think its time for jake to take a deep breath and start shopping for a Honda...sounds like this notorious harley stuff isn't for him

The following 2 users liked this post by Screamin beagle:
Chasingdrakes (08-04-2021), NiteOwl (08-04-2021)
Old 08-03-2021 | 04:59 AM
JakeDHoyt
1st Gear

HAHAHA! Good one, VERY witty and clever.

Know what though? I just looked and it says nowhere in my owner's manual that I have to worship the Harley Davidson God or get Scramin beagle's permission to own a Harley. I think what I'll do instead is ride what I wish, and provide my opinion also - where I wish!

Ride safe, Screamin beagle.

Quick Reply: Alarm wont shut off !!! HELP!!!