Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why so many fuelpak for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:58 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by BC Glide
I have talked with Jamie and will be ordering PCV for my 08.
You won't be disappointed.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:41 AM
opr917
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So many answers, seems that most everybody starts with stage 1 (pipes and air filter) and the FP is good... for more other methods seem to be better.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm in a bit of a weird situation here. I am lucky enough to own 3 bikes and each has a different fuel management system. My Ultra has the PCV +Auto Tune. My Cross Bones has the SEST and my V-Rod has the V&H Fuel Pak. Each of these is different in various ways and because each bike is so different, its a little difficult to directly compare them.
The Fuel Pak on the V-Rod does an outstanding job in my opinion and I have been very happy with it. That said, unlike the PCV from FuelMoto, V&H has only limited maps for various bikes as a result of not tuning as many variations as FuelMoto. If anything, V&H have more experience with V-Rods as a result of their drag racing involvement.

The PCV + Auto Tune makes a very compelling case for itself and I like the idea of not needing to re-dyno the bike after changes and upgrades. FuelMoto seem to have a very extensive range of maps for most of the usual modifications to our bikes and their customer service is fabulous.

Finally, the SEST is a great way to go and I have been very happy with the performance of my Cross Bones since having it installed and tuned. The installation and dyno tuning was by far the most expensive option listed here and any further modifications to the bike will require more dyno time. The additional expense may or may not be worth it to some. The biggest negative, in my opinion, to the SEST is that it is permanently married to the bike. If I ever sell the Bones, the SEST goes with it for pennies on the dollar and I have to start over again. With either the PCV or the FuelPak, at least I can elect to go back to stock if and when I sell a bike and swap the tuner to the new bike.
So, to each, his own, but if I had it to do again, I would be looking at the PCV + Auto tune for all my bikes.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:01 PM
opr917
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 08 police. I really wanted to buy a fuelpak but based on the comments here I end up buying a Revtec DFO with the 4 adjustable pods (from ebay).

Hopefully it will do the trick !.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:20 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by opr917
I'm curious as of why so many people end up selling their fuelpak? problems? or perhaps they want more flexibility?
Because they( and all non adjustable fuelers) SUCK! And those that buy them because they were cheaper than a tuner eventually figure out that they suck!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:25 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I have V&H true duals, V&H a/c & the Fuelpak.

My Ultra runs fan-F'in-tastic!!

I have no intentions of doing any "motor work".

That being said, the Fuelpak is just fine.

Go ahead and pay a ton of money for all the fancy ****.......I'll see ya at the next red light.