Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why so many fuelpak for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 01:03 PM
kickstandkaddy
Collections Hold
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I found that my bike was running Lean with the Fuel Pack
I went with the Race Tuner from HD. It runs great and got more HP from the race tuner

Old 02-02-2010, 02:55 PM
bigcletus
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Can't dyno tune them. I need something that can be adapted to different cams.
This is very time appropriate. I'm planning on putting in a set of Wood TW6-6 cams in my 07 RG this spring. I have a FuelPak..(maybe I made the wrong choice a couple of years ago..). Anyways, the bike has been working fine, but I wanted a bit more "oommph";...Yesterday I emailed V&H and told them of my upcoming addition. They sent me the code for the new map. If the map is accurate, I don't see the big negative issue, for the average rider. I guess we'll see when the cams go in. Personally, I would hate to throw the FP away, if I don't have too, just for the sake of having the latest and greatest. Has any FP owner installed cams? What was your experience ?? Thanks

Last edited by bigcletus; 02-02-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:29 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

They have maps for the an-26H and the SE 211 cams for the 96 ci

I to had the fuelpak for 30,000 miles and changed cams. They gave me a map that worked but the bike ran hot. I installed the PCV w/AT from fuelmoto. My mileage went up 4 mpg and the bike ran a lot cooler with better throttle response.

If V&H would make it so 1 could tune it dyno or other methods I think they would sell more. The word is out about the restrictions with it.

Nothing wrong with it if you stay with factory cams.
If you go to 103 ci with se255 cams they have a map

just my thoughts

dd

Old 02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Certified Drunk
Tourer

I'm going to sell mine when I get my PCV.

Old 02-02-2010, 03:55 PM
gmgwplus
Cruiser

A tune is a key componet to have on any bike.Think of it as a base building block to work off of.The key to it all is that a well tuned Tuner mapping both cylinders will balance the air fuel ratio properly,meaning your bike won't hot (too lean) or popping (too rich).A proper shop for the Power Commander would be to tune it on a dyno that has a Link center.That way it's tuned to perfection.

Last edited by gmgwplus; 02-02-2010 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:58 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bigcletus
This is very time appropriate. I'm planning on putting in a set of Wood TW6-6 cams in my 07 RG this spring. I have a FuelPak..(maybe I made the wrong choice a couple of years ago..). Anyways, the bike has been working fine, but I wanted a bit more "oommph";...Yesterday I emailed V&H and told them of my upcoming addition. They sent me the code for the new map. If the map is accurate, I don't see the big negative issue, for the average rider. I guess we'll see when the cams go in. Personally, I would hate to throw the FP away, if I don't have too, just for the sake of having the latest and greatest. Has any FP owner installed cams? What was your experience ?? Thanks
I did a 95" kit and Andrews cam, 26G, the FP did just fine. I sold the FP and added a PCIII, and didn't notice any difference.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:14 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was contemplating getting one, but my bike runs great like it is, and I'm hearing more and more problems with them. Makes me wonder if it's worth it?

Old 02-02-2010, 04:50 PM
gmgwplus
Cruiser

Fuelers are a waste of money,in my opinion.Tuners are the way to go.When doing ANY head work,make sure you know what kind of power your looking for.Low to mid end,lots of torque,or mid to high end.Choose cams properly and then have your heads done per cam specs.Harley's pick your cam and pick there SE ported heads don't make that much power for the price.The only thing I got that says SE is my push rods.I point it out to everyone in case they miss it.LOL

Old 02-02-2010, 07:31 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought the PCV's were not made for the 08's even though Jamie says he can do it. Has anyone put a PCV on a 08 Ultra. Did it help?

Old 02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
BC Glide
Cruiser

I thought the PCV's were not made for the 08's even though Jamie says he can do it. Has anyone put a PCV on a 08 Ultra. Did it help?
I have talked with Jamie and will be ordering PCV for my 08.

Quick Reply: Why so many fuelpak for sale?