Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Air Wing rack LED light kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Question about Air Wing rack LED light kit

I'm ordering the LED light kit for my Air Wing rack (68250-08) and am wondering if it comes with a quick release connector for when I take the tour pak off my bike, or do I need to order that separately?

Thanks.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

I don't know if it's considered "quick release" but the connector that comes with the harness is similar to the other ones on your bike in that they have a small plastic pin that you can depress to disengage it. Pretty simple really. I have it zip tied on the left side of the bike hidden behind the saddle bag. I've had it there since Jan of '09 with no problems.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for that info. Does the connector behind your saddlebag have a cap on it so rain doesn't intrude when the tour-pak is off the bike?

Last edited by Twinrider; 02-01-2010 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

No, it doesnt I jsut keep a little dialectric grease on it and that seems to work well.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Alright, thanks.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you look at the pdf file Harley has on it's web site, you will see that it plugs in the end of hte 3 wire TP plug, or you can run it to the accessory plug under the seat.

If you just pull the TP plug inside the TP, you can run the new one out the same hole and not have the wires outside the TP.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the info, Ultra. I don't have any TP lights so I'm not sure if I have that TP plug and the underseat accessory plug is being used by the seat heater. But this PDF is very helpful in understanding how the light wires up.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:18 PM
rdub
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

help, I already had the rack. I got the light kit and like a dummy tried to fish the wires throught the rack with the bolt still in. the small diameter hole in the bolt woudld not allow all three wires to pass and I broke the threading line. I can get some new fishing line but the little cinch up sleeve is a problem. i tried to tie it. no good. i even tried to solder the wires to a feed wire. no good. help! i can not get the wires to go through. I got two twice but amm pulling my hair. Drinking a beer and counting to ten.

Old 05-28-2010, 05:45 PM
rdub
6th Gear

Got it. looks good. Like Daddy use to tell me walk away and come back later.
I made a new loop out of heavier line.

Old 03-01-2011, 03:03 PM
2010 Raffel Road King
Cruiser

I also purchased a LED light to go on the Wing Tip Luggage rack of my tour pack. I've got a wiring question.

There are 3 wires in the accessory cable connector. Black w/ green stripe, Green w/ black stripe, and Grey.

There are 3 wires leading to the LED strip. Black, Blue, and Red.

Which wire connects with which wire?

Currently I have Black w/green stripe connected with Black. Grey connected to Red. The Green w/ black stripe is not connected at all. This combination gives me bright running lights but no brake lights.

The LED lights are bright when the Grey is connected to Red, dim when the Grey is connected to Blue.

I'm assuming Blue is for running lights and Red is for brake lights.

I tried connecting the Black w/ green stripe to Black, the Grey to Blue and the Green w/ black stripe with Red. The problem is I get nothing out of the Green w/ black stripe wire when brakes are applied.

Can anyone please shed some light on this issue for me? I'd sure appreciate it. Maybe I have the wrong combination totally. I did test voltage on the wires and I get 12 volts from the Grey and Black w/ green stripe, and 12 volts with Grey and Green w/ black stripe. When brakes are applied there is no voltage change. What am I missing here?

Does anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram?

Quick Reply: Question about Air Wing rack LED light kit