Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with C&C seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 06:36 PM
goosehead
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the Mercedes in leather, my seat will be here Friday. Don't know when I'll get a chance to ride it with snow on the ground.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Just ordered a CC seat, solo with detachable pillion in plain vinyl. Thanks for all the help.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:10 PM
trozenhorse
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey guys i come from the clothing industry make leather footwear handbags and jackets. There is nothing better next to your butt than leather, it breaths and is a lot less hot than the vinyl which will retain the heat and create moisture in the crack of your *** and in our ball room area...this ok to say here with vinyl you will feel the moisture on the surface of the seat, leather does need to be treated properly....if you ride in the rain a lot, dont get leather, if you are not a rider in the rain like myself, leather feels much better, a few good treatments with some sort of good analin cream or good leather treatment a few times before you use it is really helpful, it will create moisture in the leather, the key with leather....dont let it get dried out or......it will crack.....I have a CC seat on a sporty, put about 5 coats of premium leather treatment on it before she ever used it, it is wearing in beautifully and the natural characterisitics on the leather are now really starting to show nicely....mercedes leather is the leather Corbin has always used, it is a pebble grain leather, a little thicker more durable and longer lasting than the smooth leather...again all personal preference, if you ride a lot and take long trips, mercedes leather will last longer....again all personal choices...i hope this helps .......or confuses you!

Old 02-02-2010, 09:39 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I have had 4 or 5 seats made by Chuck at C&C. I don't think you will be unhappy with vinyl OR leather. Some things to consider. Leather breathes, vinyl does not. That said, your azz will sweat more on vinyl IMO. I currently have my first leather C&C and could not be happier. I went with smooth leather because I thought it looked better with my pattern, which is Blade.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 PM
scooplove
Tourer

Mercedes leather solo with the removable pillion here. I appreciate the look of a real leather whatever. The grain is what makes it unique and the aging and the stretching process give the leather a supple feel over time. I was a little concerned about the suctions on the pillion, but the OL doesn't seem to notice any shifting and my fender is waxed prior to it being placed, to keep the baddies away from the clear coat.

If you want a real seat, leather is the no brainer for only marginal $ more.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:31 PM
jb27
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks like i'm a little late in responding, but in case anyone else wants to know the difference. I just got a Vinyl solo seat from C&C. The main part of the seat and the very back piece is Mercedes. There's a strip of smooth (plain) in between to give a little contrast. I also went with a medium grey topstitching to match the bike's color. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Here's a few pics:

Old 02-03-2010, 12:00 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I have at least 40,000 miles on my leather C&C and I have never treated it and it looks like new. It has been in the rain and sun and it is the most comfortable seat I have used. C&C uses quality hides and your *** will wear out before the leather does.

Old 02-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

Call em back and get it custom stitched. I'm sure you will be happy with the seat. I have been with mine so far.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:57 AM
gibby122
Road Captain

[QUOTE=BigDaddyMike;6192804]I have had 4 or 5 seats made by Chuck at C&C. I don't think you will be unhappy with vinyl OR leather. Some things to consider. Leather breathes, vinyl does not. That said, your azz will sweat more on vinyl IMO. I currently have my first leather C&C and could not be happier. I went with smooth leather because I thought it looked better with my pattern, which is Blade.

BigDaddyMik, how many hours would you say that seat is good for? I know its narrower, but how much would you say it lowerd you, and how much further back would you say it put you?
Also, how many hours would you say mama could take on that back seat? No issues with the suction cups on the denim paint?
Thanks

Old 02-03-2010, 09:07 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

[quote=gibby122;6194178]
Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
I have had 4 or 5 seats made by Chuck at C&C. I don't think you will be unhappy with vinyl OR leather. Some things to consider. Leather breathes, vinyl does not. That said, your azz will sweat more on vinyl IMO. I currently have my first leather C&C and could not be happier. I went with smooth leather because I thought it looked better with my pattern, which is Blade.

BigDaddyMik, how many hours would you say that seat is good for? I know its narrower, but how much would you say it lowerd you, and how much further back would you say it put you?
Also, how many hours would you say mama could take on that back seat? No issues with the suction cups on the denim paint?
Thanks
1 inch down and 1 inch back is where I am from OEM seat. As far as the suction cups, no problems, but it you don't like em you coula remove em, the seat slides under the mount in the front and fastens to thew fender in the rear. Moma doesn't ride much but she says it is way more comfy than the Mustang I had which surprised me. I can spend 3 to 4 hours in the saddle without getting off to stretch

Quick Reply: Need help with C&C seat