Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Time to Daytona Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 07:03 PM
ptl203
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My first time as well, I am lookin forward to it

Old 02-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Seabass67
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't forget to hook up your odometer!!

Old 02-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Stumpbroke427
Intermediate

A realy cool place not far from Daytona in New Symrna is JBs Fish Camp. A great place to eat and a nice ride out of town.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:30 PM
mikeboztx
Cruiser

When we go down, we stay at Daytona the first weekend then ride down to Key West during the week and then ride back for second weekend in Daytona.

As a matter of fact, I'm in Key west till Wed and weather has been near 80. Weather has been great but it did start raining today. Didn't bring bike this time, just a vacation.

Mike

Old 02-01-2010, 07:39 PM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went last year for the first time. Be sure to test ride the bikes that are in the Daytona Speedway parking lot. I rode a V8 Boss Hoss last year and it was a blast. I also test rode a Big Bear Chopper and it was ok, but I wouldn't want one. As long as you're 30 years old with moto permit. Hope it's warmer this year than it was last year!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:46 PM
ScReaMnEagLE22
Road Master

Theres a really nice scenic loop that is a must. Like others have mentioned. There are maps you can pick up at the local HD dealers. You can also find it online. Driving along side the coast and then take some really nice winding back roads back to Destination Daytona (theres alot to see there)(Vendors Vendors Vendors) Bring money !!!! . During this same ride you will run into some of the main bars and parties that are off the main st. and the hotels.

Main St. is cool, but try not to lose track of time as you will miss out on so many other things. I also like to wake up early and go to bed late.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:05 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Party,Have a great time AND watch your GEAR!!!!! Guys work in teams to take your stuff....Just be smart and make sure its locked up!!!! DON'T PARK anywhere illegal...a little over the yellow line and they WILL give you a ticket!!! Don't ask me how i know!!!!!! Also HD puts on a great show with new products and bikes..When i was there it was in the convention center.if you have a shiot day its a good inside show..I enjoyed it!!! Im Efin jealous i cant make it....Trailered with a few guys from Chicago few years ago..We had great weather till we headed back to illinois and we hit a snow storm in Indy....Winter...It is what it is.... MISERABLE!!!!!!. Enjoy your trip!!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 10:24 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Willetts1
oh no you didn't say "TRAILERING" did you ?
Pay attention to where the OP lives before making smart-*** remarks.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:24 AM
TxDeuce
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Daytona is my backyard riding place. Not sure what you're looking for but I would suggest: For riding: "The Loop", take a ride along A1A down to St. Augustine, Ocala National Forest is nice, Hwy 20 from US 1 to Palatka is nice. For eating: Angel's Diner in Palatka has great burgers and onion rings (make a mean chocolate shake), Finns Pub along A1A in Flagler Beach great upper deck with view of ocean. Hope this helps.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:38 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

+1 for Finns in Flagler Beach! Nice ride down AIA in that area. You'll have a blast.

Quick Reply: First Time to Daytona Bike Week