Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chrome plating swap out...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 07:44 AM
jorswift
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chrome plating swap out...

Anyone use the parts swap method to getting anything chrome? Or send in their parts to get chromed? I was thinking it might be easier and cheaper to swap out my fork lowers and get chrome ones instead. Who did you use? Thanks.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:34 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I send my stuff to S&H Chrome in Madison, TN and just wait for it....mainly because I get such a GREAT (free) deal!

If you want to do a swap...check with Brown's Plating, somewhere in KY.

Other good platers in my area:
Advanced Plating - Nashville, TN
Chromemasters - Nashville, TN

Old 02-01-2010, 12:20 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A benefit of having your own stuff chromed is you know its your parts. A lot of the chroming guys on Ebay swap out the parts. Yes they are suppose to be same parts, but if you take yours in you know they came off your bike and the same part is going back on. But you have more down time doing it this way, which is usually OK in winter

Old 02-01-2010, 12:23 PM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Is there any in northeast ohio?

Old 02-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Modee1245
Tourer

I did it for my Wheels and forks with a company in California, I am very pleased as I got a warrant that most don't offer and a great price. If you want he informaton I will post it when I get home. They were on ebay, but I called them and ask lots of questions. They were very pateient and knowledgeble.

No problems at all

Old 02-01-2010, 02:56 PM
jorswift
Road Captain

There is a place called chrometechonline . com . They are located some where in OH.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:21 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've used Brown's exchange program years ago. All their work is top notch, so either swap or wait for yours will work. OTOH, I just did the chrome front end. I have a Harley credit card & got the kit free with points. The only cost was for seals, bushings, etc. that I just picked up locally. I like free.........

Old 02-01-2010, 04:44 PM
patsfan
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jorswift
Anyone use the parts swap method to getting anything chrome? Or send in their parts to get chromed? I was thinking it might be easier and cheaper to swap out my fork lowers and get chrome ones instead. Who did you use? Thanks.
I used Impress out of CA and was not "impressed". Uppers had visible seams. Right axle clamp had chrome flaked off in a couple small spots. Had to shim the lowers for proper caliper/rotor alignment. Went and got those parts from the dealer. All said and done, didnt save any money on parts. If I had it to do all over again, I'd pay the extra for the HD kit.
Now, some will say they had a great experience with these guys, this is just my exp..

Old 02-01-2010, 05:30 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I did my wheels with ChromeProsPlating, and they did a great job. Front forks are HD exhange program way back when. The wheels are still perfect and the forks are starting to show some mileage.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:23 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by patsfan
I used Impress out of CA and was not "impressed". Uppers had visible seams. Right axle clamp had chrome flaked off in a couple small spots. Had to shim the lowers for proper caliper/rotor alignment. Went and got those parts from the dealer. All said and done, didnt save any money on parts. If I had it to do all over again, I'd pay the extra for the HD kit.
Now, some will say they had a great experience with these guys, this is just my exp..
Wow, i'm really surprised to hear this. I have used them for my wheels and front end and everything was perfect and their chrome is much deeper than any I have seen. I have had friends use them also and same great results. 3 year warranty on all their work. You should have called them immediately, I bet they would have made you happy. Bummer

Quick Reply: chrome plating swap out...