Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sundowner seat for road king classic

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First mod I made to my RKC, and I LOVE. The guys @ MCC recommended I start there and it was great advice. Some people don't like the looks, but I bought my bike to ride the crap out of it. The guys I ride with take long trips frequently, so comfort is #1 in my book. I'm 5'11, 230 lbs and I feel like this seat was made for me. It's narrower up front than the stock seat, I sit lower, and I have lower back support. I wouldn't trade it for anything. My wife also greatly prefers the passenger portion of the Sundowner to the stock seat.

It's good for both of us. It will take a trip to MCC in the future though.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Poolie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I originally settled on the Sundowner to maximize pillion comfort but have found it excellent for long days in the saddle for me as well. I did shave a little off the front to allow my legs to sit closer with my feet down (ducks disease).

Old 10-01-2010, 06:05 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sniper 2712
I was looking at seats and several on the forum like the sundowner for the road king. Why are they so popular. Any comments from owners of sundowner seats would be appreciated.

SPAM alert!

I have a brand new, in the box, Sundowner for a Road King Classic for sale. PM me if interested.
Thanks

Old 10-01-2010, 06:06 PM
jsciullo
Cruiser

I have one for my '09 RKC. I love the stock seat but it sucks for two up. The SD is wider for both rider and passenger. However my wife complains that she slides forward too much. I don't like it much myself but can tolerate it.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:28 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

My stock seat lasted two days. The worst seat I've ever sat on - 25 miles on the stocker and I had to get off and stretch.

Replaced it with Sundowner (StreetGlide Stitch) and back rest - It's the best seat I have had. Very comfy -long or short haul. May not be the best looking seat but after you get used to it you won't want anything else.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Run with the Sundowner solo when I pull the chopped tourpack off the FLHTI for the winter. Great seat, like it alot. Comfortable for all day rides. I suppose the low profile seats look best. Buy a low profile to look at, and when you go riding for the day, swap for the Sundowner. Then take it off after the ride and admire the low profile unit.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:16 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought the smooth Sundowner solo for my RK last year, thought it sucked. At 6'2" it moved me closer to the tank which I did not like.

Fast forward to two weeks ago, got new bars finally, and bike was basically complete, but still running stock seat. Threw the Sundowner back on, and guess what, with the new bars the seat is actually pretty damn good. It could use another inch or so removed to set me back a little, but overall, glad I didn't sell it at the swap meet last week.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:16 PM
wchjr56
Novice
Thumbs up

1,500 miles with it but I did have it modified with Gel insert and foam from mean city. I like that fact it lowered me and moved me forward. I like the back support on the butt and with the Harley Adjustable Back Rest I was very comfortable. Happy customer.

Bill
'09 RKC

Old 10-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Dustball
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got one, love it for the deep buck feel and the extra support. This is the seat the RK should come stock with!

-Dusty

Old 10-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Great seat at a reasonable price. My wife likes the Sundowner better than our Mustang touring seat....and if she's happy, the rest of the world is a better place to live.

Quick Reply: sundowner seat for road king classic