Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you keep your stock parts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:09 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think some aftermarket parts can be left on for a trade or sale. Think about it. The past three years the PCV model number has been different for touring models. Some aftermarket mufflers are worth keeping and others are not. I don't think the used stock or aftermarket grip market is booming these days.

I can see taking some of the expensive stuff off and selling it on the forum or ebay.

Exceptions to the rule are windshield pouches, Garmins, chrome cup holders, and even certain windshields. All of which often can be transferred to a shiny new bike. Maybe keeping other things makes sense to keep if you get a new bike every year or two, but to move stuff over from a five or six year old model?

That is my two cents and I could be wrong.

All that being said I am offering up my stock mufflers off of a 2008 SG for best offer plus actual shipping costs. Any takers?

Old 02-04-2010, 05:17 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by bjones
My dealer kept all parts I replaced when I bought new. I got to thinking I may want them,went back to get em and they already got rid of em......????? Oh well it probally just save me some space. Kept my original wheels and tires though, in case I sell or trade.
They probably sent them back to the MOCO to be re-mounted on new bikes! Maybe that's their version of recycling.