Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you keep your stock parts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 03:12 PM
bfrank
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After buying my '10 SG my wifey wanted the floor boards. They ended up costing almost $400 so I took the brand new foot pegs and put them on eBay. I ended up getting a little over $100 after all the fees. Not to bad and that helped to pay for the floor boards.

eBay listing -> *BRAND NEW* Street Glide passenger foot pegs

One thing I would recommend if you are going to sell on eBay is to set your starting bid low and don't add a reserve price. It is just not worth the extra eBay fees. Most of my auctions I start at $0.99 to get the cheap listing fee and then you pay a % of the selling price.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:19 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sold all of mine on ebay to help offset some of the cost of the mods. I was surprised how much some of that stuff actually brought.(particularly the OEM wheels)

Old 02-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Rock Chalk
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by leeinmemphis
I sold all of mine on ebay to help offset some of the cost of the mods. I was surprised how much some of that stuff actually brought.(particularly the OEM wheels)

me to. not the wheels, but i sold all my other stuff (from my 09 as well as crap i've had sitting around from my sporty and dyna) on ebay recently and was pleasantly surprised.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:47 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Yeah, I keep 'em bolted on my bikes.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Don't keepem and never have.

Old 02-03-2010, 05:47 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope, I don't keep them. I sell, give or throw away almost everything. One, I don't have room for it, and two, it keeps the wife from finding a bunch of parts and starting an argument about me spending money on the bike.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:08 PM
TexasFLHX
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really dont know if the stock parts would sell. After reading some of these posts on this subject I might get a wild hair and start listing some stock items.
Wish i knew what was in demand.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:19 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by atrain68
Do you guys keep your stock parts? I've developed quite a crap collection of stock mufflers, stock air cleaner, stock seat, and other odds and ends. Is this stuff worth selling? Is this stuff worth keeping?
IMHO it's worth keeping if you ever plan to trade the bike in. I've done this with my last two bikes -revert them back to stock cause the dealer will give you squat for the add-ons. I then either put the goodies on to the next bike or sell them on HD Forum Classifieds. So far it has been worth my while. Otherwise if you're going to keep your current bike; then get rid of the stock stuff (someone out there is in need).

Old 02-03-2010, 06:23 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by TexasFLHX
Really dont know if the stock parts would sell. After reading some of these posts on this subject I might get a wild hair and start listing some stock items.
Wish i knew what was in demand.
I know I'd give top dollar for a complete OEM exhaust in cherry & mint condition for an '82 FXE! I've been looking for one for years. Just missed one on EBAY that went for nearly $700.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:29 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by bjones
My dealer kept all parts I replaced when I bought new. I got to thinking I may want them,went back to get em and they already got rid of em......????? Oh well it probally just save me some space. Kept my original wheels and tires though, in case I sell or trade.
Your Stealer just made double on the parts off your bike...once when you bought the bike and the second time when they sold your stock parts. You're pretty easy going.

Quick Reply: Do you keep your stock parts?