Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you keep your stock parts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 03:03 PM
bfrank
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sell the things that I know I will not need on eBay. You can get some money. For me I'd rather sell the stock parts to help buy more new parts then hold onto the stockers.

**BRAND NEW** 2010 Street Glide stock seat
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_1643wt_1166

2007 HD Road King Classic Exhaust
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_1591wt_1166

This I was about 1 second from throwing in the garbage and decided to put it on eBay. After eBay/PayPal fees and shipping I think I made like $2 but that is better then throwing it in the trash.
2007 Road King- Throttle Grip
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_1358wt_1166

Old 02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

Absolutely, bike won't run w/o them ;-) Sorry, couldn't help myself. I don't modify the bike off stock too much. I have a USAF timing cover, my old wings engraved on my Derby cover, and a Brightass light on the rear. Other than that, it's stock and I kept the pieces I took off so I could take the non-stock parts off and put the originals back on if I ever sold/traded it.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:18 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, I always have kept the stock parts. Even on all of the Goldwing I've owned. At least until I sell or trade the bike. If the new owner when selling don't want the parts then they got sold or in the trash. I hate accumulating stuff for extended periods.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:57 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep the originals - if I trade the bike in, the dealer here wants the original exhaust, and they give me back the aftermarket - which I then sell or give away. We get good trade-in values by supplying the daler with all the original parts.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:13 PM
patsfan
Road Captain

Originally Posted by n8dc
Well if your dealer is keeping all you stock parts and selling them then he is basically stealing from you.. Those are your parts and should go to you with the bike unless you specifically tell him you dont want them.. By the way since this about parts and no om not trying to take over the thread im looking for some stock mufflers to fit my 06 and since I dont have a job I dont have a lot of cash.. Anyone?
My stock muffs off on 08 RK, like new, changed at 1000 miles.
You can have em for shipping, if they fit.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:13 AM
TxDeuce
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had pretty good success listing on this website. Usually get some good pocket change and I always try and get a local dealer shirt in the sale.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:43 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I sell EVERYTHING! Last bike I traded, I BOUGHT stock stuff to replace what I wanted to keep and after some careful shopping I came out way ahead over what I had sold the originals for. Anybody within a few hundred miles of Va Beach that is throwing stock parts away or wants them out of the garage or house PLEASE PM me and I will come get them. Seriously!

Old 02-03-2010, 07:12 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior

Check PM.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:14 AM
h01waterman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live on a boat and managed to keep my mufflers, turn signal bulbs and lenses, stock intake and a few other parts for my Ultra. When trading it in for an upgrade I put the stock parts back on it. Now I have some pieces to add to my new ride. The mufflers took up the most space but with a little bubble wrap even those aren't too bad. It was worth it to me to not have to start the spending all over for the extras after plucking down the cash on a new ride.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:25 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Always have,every once in a while someone will come along and really make out.A while back a friend pulled in on a Shovelhead Superglide.He ended up with most all my Shovelhead stuff for free.All my old Flathead,Panhead stuff is gone,now collecting Evo and TwinCam stuff.A lot of stuff gets traded off for work,some is sold.

Quick Reply: Do you keep your stock parts?