Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 10:30 AM
FFLETCHER
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Replacement

Looking to replace the stock radio on my 07 Road Glide....any suggestions would be appreciated

Old 01-30-2010, 10:38 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Lots of options out there. A few of companies (Hawgwired, Hogtunes, Biketronics) offer kits to mount aftermarket radios as well as kits to add amps and speakers to stock HD radios. Some plug and play, others need a little cutting and splicing. All depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. I am still using the stock head unit and have an ARC amp and speakers, kept the use of the handlebar controls. That can still be done with other head units, they have kits to do that too. Do a search, tons of threads about audio on here.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:48 AM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the JVC KD-AVX77 alot. Look real clean when installed. touch screen and flat so blends in really nice.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:47 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went with the KENWOOD KVT 819 DVD with 7" screen. AWESOME !!

Full install photos here !!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-how-much.html

Old 01-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by FFLETCHER
Looking to replace the stock radio on my 07 Road Glide....any suggestions would be appreciated
Why do you want to replace it? If you have a repair issue, Iron Cross Audio can repair the HK head unit and enhance its reliability. They are all former HK techs who lost their jobs when HK out-sourced the in-house repair operation. Many (including myself) have used them and sing their praises: http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/

Before ICA, the only choice for an out-of-warranty head unit issue was HD's refurb deal for $300. ICA is a great alternative.

If you want to retain handlebar controls of the head unit, you will need an interface module that will plug in between your bike's audio harness and the head unit. Two outstanding vendors are Biketronics and Hawg-wired, who also supply installation kits to accommodate the DIN size auto head units. You can almost always buy the head unit from an internet vendor and use the BT or HW interface modules; just be sure to confirm with either the compatibility of the head unit with their respective modules.

At the top of this forum is a "sticky" by gascan which describes with pictures a Biketronics installation. Also, tons of threads on amps, speakers, etc.

Carl