Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You Gotta Pay Full Price!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010 | 04:30 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member

They should double all the prices, keeps my resale value high...oh btw fvck the stealerships!!!!

Old 02-01-2010 | 04:54 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by HalfFast
So someone who buys his/her first bike is now a "poser"? How long did you ride as a "poser" before you became a biker?
I don't remember ever saying that I'm a "biker", since I'm not.

The few true bikers that I've known don't seem to feel the need to point it out to other people and couldn't care less what people think, plus I don't think they spend a lot of time typing away on their computers on these forums. They're out ridin', not typin'.

If my "poser" comment made you "all mad" or whatever, then I apologize. It wasn't directed at you in any way, so don't take it personally.

Have a happy and poser-free day!

Old 02-02-2010 | 06:29 AM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member

If a person thinks Harley motorcycles cost too much.....simply don't buy one! Problem is, too many Americans don't save for such big purchases anymore. They wake up one morning and buy it on impulse. Then they trade while they are upsidedown!

I see so many people that want a Harley really bad.....I start asking them questions about their lifestyle. They make good money and could afford one....but they usually are not saving for one and spending too much money on other items. Heck, many of these people have nicer things than I have! Unfortunately, many of these same people are broke and are in debt.

People come to my house and see several Harley's in my shop.....some get jealous. I tell them I saved enough to buy them. I had a down payment ready if I bought it new. I tell them I am completely content with the 10 year old bikes. When I mention "down payment".....people usually say...."a what?"

Problem is.....Harley has too much overhead and are not really appealing to young folks! Too many Americans have no idea when it comes to buying a big item. It is just the way our country has been going for the past 30 years. Not going to change until people start learning something about finances.

Old 02-02-2010 | 06:38 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EVOrider
If a person thinks Harley motorcycles cost too much.....simply don't buy one! Problem is, too many Americans don't save for such big purchases anymore. They wake up one morning and buy it on impulse. Then they trade while they are upsidedown!

I see so many people that want a Harley really bad.....I start asking them questions about their lifestyle. They make good money and could afford one....but they usually are not saving for one and spending too much money on other items. Heck, many of these people have nicer things than I have! Unfortunately, many of these same people are broke and are in debt.

People come to my house and see several Harley's in my shop.....some get jealous. I tell them I saved enough to buy them. I had a down payment ready if I bought it new. I tell them I am completely content with the 10 year old bikes. When I mention "down payment".....people usually say...."a what?"

Problem is.....Harley has too much overhead and are not really appealing to young folks! Too many Americans have no idea when it comes to buying a big item. It is just the way our country has been going for the past 30 years. Not going to change until people start learning something about finances.
Hey EVO,

I see you had an FXDS. I have a '94 and it's hands-down the best Harley and best bike in general I've ever owned. It's factory OEM bone-stock right down to the nuts & bolts.

PM me if you ever want to sell that lowrider. If it's still stock, or cheaply/easily returnable to stock, I'll buy it!

BTW, IMHO, you're spot-on with your comments.

Ride safe,

John

Old 02-02-2010 | 07:04 PM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member

Yea, that FXDS was a sweet bike! I loved having quick release saddlebags and quick release windshield. Mine was a '99 model year and sometime in the first year....the cam bearings went out. It was under warranty at that time....but it left me stranded and it was on a Sunday. Harley fixed it under warranty.....but, I was on vacation with a new bike with less than 10,000 miles on it. It just didn't settle right with me, knowing that I have never had any EVO ever leave me stranded.

If I were to buy another FXDS....it definately would be Pre-99 with the good ole' trusty EVO. My Low Rider is nearly stock.....I think the mileage is around 25,000 miles on it. Stock bike only with chrome addons here and there.

Gotta keep the Low Rider......something about that bike just says cool all over it.

Old 02-02-2010 | 07:06 PM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain

I'm almost there myself.

Dave

Originally Posted by heavymetalthunder
...Anyway I'm spent out. So I'm out of that game for a while.

Old 02-03-2010 | 05:08 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by EVOrider
Yea, that FXDS was a sweet bike! I loved having quick release saddlebags and quick release windshield. Mine was a '99 model year and sometime in the first year....the cam bearings went out. It was under warranty at that time....but it left me stranded and it was on a Sunday. Harley fixed it under warranty.....but, I was on vacation with a new bike with less than 10,000 miles on it. It just didn't settle right with me, knowing that I have never had any EVO ever leave me stranded.

If I were to buy another FXDS....it definately would be Pre-99 with the good ole' trusty EVO. My Low Rider is nearly stock.....I think the mileage is around 25,000 miles on it. Stock bike only with chrome addons here and there.

Gotta keep the Low Rider......something about that bike just says cool all over it.
Yeah, this forum totally saved me from the EVO cam bearing/valve lifter curse when I got mine. It only had 16,000 one-owner miles on it when I got it 2 1/2 years ago and now it's pushing 50,000. I did a little search-research here & found that mine was one with the INA inner cam bearing and OEM lifters that were prone to catastrophic failure.

I installed the updated H-D/Timkin bearing and updated H-D lifters (PITA job, but well worth it - the INA bearing came out in pieces!) and that's all I've ever done to it other than all-Redline products fluid changes, one set of tires - now nearly worn out - and one set of plugs.

Even the leather/fabric bags are mint & cherry. I leave them off most of the time unless I'm on a trip.

Ride that Low Rider with pride - I'm jealous!

John

Last edited by jpooch00; 02-03-2010 at 05:30 AM.