Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Top Shop Bag Expierence

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 05:46 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TopShopBags
You have an 08 bracket, you got 09 bags. It would have been simple to fix if I would have known at the time. I am sorry it didn't work and I know I told Manish several times I would get you a new set once we figured out the issue if it was the bags. But if it ended up being the same problem again,even with a new set, I wanted to be sure that's all.
Manish was a great guy to deal with, he just got the improper set for the proper year.
Justin, in this post your saying wrong year brackets, in the other post your saying In picture 7 the bags look the way they do because they weren't connected. Also the measurements that he has are off as you can clearly see the tape is lower (a fabric tape is not flat) on one end in one of the pictures
and on and on ...I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt but you are blaming a tape measure ??from just your posts on this thread I can understand why Manish gave up GEEZ LOUIZE!! I gave up also after 2 months went by waiting for the 09 fender, imagine if every sponsor had 3 threads going and posted nothing new everyday and just top posted, granted great your informing customers there status, but did you ever hear of PM or email? everyday I checked for the 09 fender and nothing has really been new. appreciate ya being a sponsor and hope you get it all together. PEACE

Old 01-29-2010, 05:51 PM
TopShopBags
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BadDad Bags for a BadDad fender.
And not once did I say it was your fault buddy, you just got the wrong year hole cut for the push pins the bags.
Looks good.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Mine fit perfect as far as I can tell, but I told Justin I had an '09.
There is (according to some people) a 1/4" difference in the pre 08 and 09 and later holes.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:09 PM
Old Bones
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, what we have learned here is, that bags from one company and a fender from another company don’t line up. Dah! Bags for an 09 don’t line up on older bikes. ( That should have been a big red flag). 99% of the people that have bought the Top Shop bags are satisfied with them. Anything that you buy without seeing first is a gamble. From what I have been reading Top Shop Bags are as good or better than other companies bags, and offer a variety of sizes, not just one size.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member

I ordered a set for my 2010. They shipped on Wednesday and according to the UPS tracking system I should have them on Monday. I'll let yall know how they fit and line up before I send them out for paint. I hope all goes well.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:25 PM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think everyone needs to step back and BREATHEEEEE.

I'm a bystander here.
This is the first NEG complaint I've heard on TopShop.
I think TopShop maybe should have stepped up a little earlier and had the bags shipped back.
Customer Service, in THIS business, is crucial...especially with a less than robust economy.

I'm not ******* TopShop in any way.
Like I said, this is the first NEG complaint I've seen on this forum regarding TopShop.

I'd still give TopShop a try, even with that complaint.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:45 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master

Just wondering, if the 08 and 09 bags have been screwed up before. i ordered a set of topshop bags, and although the bags look great and are of excellent quality, I am having the same problem. The holes on the bags are too high for the hardware. I am able to get them in after some lengthy battling and the pin goes in on a downward angle, but after awhile the pin bends from being under so much presure. I have not contacted top shop, because I just figured that is the way their bags are, but after reading this, I am wondering if it is possible that I got the wrong bags. I was actually just going to replace the pins with some nuts and bolts that could take the pressure a little better, although it will be a pain in the *** when I have to take the bags off. My bags are supposed to be going out for paint next week with the rest of my parts, but now I'm not sure. Justin...any ideas what can be the problem. And yes, I do have all the right hardware, as it is all of the original stuff from my 2008 Streetglide. Thanks

Old 01-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Pork-Chop
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteGoldSG
Just wondering, if the 08 and 09 bags have been screwed up before. i ordered a set of topshop bags, and although the bags look great and are of excellent quality, I am having the same problem. The holes on the bags are too high for the hardware. I am able to get them in after some lengthy battling and the pin goes in on a downward angle, but after awhile the pin bends from being under so much presure. I have not contacted top shop, because I just figured that is the way their bags are, but after reading this, I am wondering if it is possible that I got the wrong bags. I was actually just going to replace the pins with some nuts and bolts that could take the pressure a little better, although it will be a pain in the *** when I have to take the bags off. My bags are supposed to be going out for paint next week with the rest of my parts, but now I'm not sure. Justin...any ideas what can be the problem. And yes, I do have all the right hardware, as it is all of the original stuff from my 2008 Streetglide. Thanks
ooops, second set

Old 01-29-2010, 06:53 PM
TopShopBags
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by WhiteGoldSG
If you could pm with your name and addy. I'll check the invoice to make sure that you were put down for an 08 set.
Thanks
Justin B

Old 01-29-2010, 07:03 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

White Gold I would get it right because with the nut and bolt deal you have to make sure you have tool everytime you ride and that one trip around the corner could be the one that cost you.

Bad Piggy you are correct. I think I was the first complaint and it seems like stuff like this always happen to me. Why me? But if someone was thinking about Top Shop Bags I will still tell them they look good and are made solid. My issue is for some reason or another I just couldn't get them on my bike. I wish it would have worked.

Quick Reply: My Top Shop Bag Expierence