Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Top Shop Bag Expierence

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Pork-Chop
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TopShopBags
this is the only customer out of hundereds that has had a problem with a set of bags that have left this shop and sent all over the country. I am truely sorry that it happend but it did and I will not deny that it did.
Justin, This is more of a reason to for you to know that something was wrong, I just don't understand why the run around, 100 times telling him that this and that.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:37 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry your bags didn't work out. Mine are awesome and Justin has never been anything but a total pro, but i do understand the frustration when something isn't working out. The HD guy that did all my work, as well as the painter who painted them, said the bags and the finish for paint were as nice or nicer than any bags, Ness, Milwaukee and in particular Bad Dad's than he had seen or installed.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:38 PM
TopShopBags
Former Sponsor
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It wasn't a run around and I wasn't dodging the fact that it was possibly the wrong set I just wanted to be sure that's all. In fact, the fact that we have sold so many sets and never had a problem was the reason for all of the other routes that could have been the problem.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Bagged Out
Road Captain

Justin - It is good you manned up and you still have my respect the way you do business. I think you are putting out a nice product. It is clear from the OP that they were for the wrong year becuase the guy he sold them to didnt have fit issues. .
Regarding your post above - I think you could have told Manish that he was right and you should have offered to take them back. Just my 2 cents.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:56 PM
TopShopBags
Former Sponsor

I told him over and over again that I would be more than happy to get him another set. Then after a few days when eveything had been tried to have them fit properly I received an email saying he had sold them on craigslist. So basiacally I was cut off from doing what I was planning on doing in the first place if nothing worked, which was get him a new set.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Manish, glad it all worked out in the end for you. I've personally done business with Dirk at Bad Dad's and they are top notch from the word GO and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. I actually sent them several thousand dollars worth of biz just from this site over the past two years or so. They may not be the cheapest but they stand behind their work and will bend over backwards to help you. What is that called ? CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I may go the route of bags and fender again down the road and with zero doubts, I'll be calling Dirk again and I don't care what they charge me, I know it will be right and the first time.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is why I was reluctant to post this thread because I didn't want it to turn into a bashing and then a he said this, I said that. But I do notice now the tape measure isn't flat on one bag, but if it was flat it would have only made the cut shorter. I only taped it down for picture purposed not when I took my measurment. On picture 7 the bags were connected by 1 cotter pin, it wasn't fully connected because I couldn't get stuff to line up. Both grommets are removed on picture 7 and the bags were too high. On picture 6 both grommets were in and look how high the bags are.
Justin kept telling me, the bags come out of the mold the same way so if that's the case then the next set was going to have similar issues. I still can't figure out why the bags were 1/4 inch from the hardware.
Guys what I didn't post was all the time I spent on these bags. Justin would call me and I would leave work to go take pictures, I went to a friends house to install the bags on his bike and had that same friend bring his bags to my house. I was tired of dealing with the issue. As far as him telling me to send them back I guess I didn't hear that part. But ask yourself if you weren't happy with someone else's product and they told you time after time to send it back free why wouldn't you do it?

Old 01-29-2010, 05:29 PM
TopShopBags
Former Sponsor

You have an 08 bracket, you got 09 bags. It would have been simple to fix if I would have known at the time. I am sorry it didn't work and I know I told Manish several times I would get you a new set once we figured out the issue if it was the bags. But if it ended up being the same problem again,even with a new set, I wanted to be sure that's all.
Manish was a great guy to deal with, he just got the improper set for the proper year.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

And this will be the last time I defend anything said on this post. I will answer questions and concerns. But I just ran out to the garage to take this picture. Just to show it wasn't my fault.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:33 PM
Bagged Out
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TopShopBags
You have an 08 bracket, you got 09 bags. It would have been simple to fix if I would have known at the time. I am sorry it didn't work
Manish was a great guy to deal with, he just got the improper set for the proper year.
NICE! Now cant we all just get along?

PS Manish - sorry for your pain dude!

Quick Reply: My Top Shop Bag Expierence