Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the Limited worth the extra $$$ ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:26 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
yeah, but you're comparing apples and oranges. if you're gonna do that to the 96, then why not do that to the 103 as well... you know if you buy a stock 103 its not gonna stay that way for long.
exactly. If you consider the stage I upgrade as a necessity to a 96" motor (and I do), then you would also consider it to be a necessity to the 103. At that point, you're just a set of cams away from a decent stage II motor.

I think there's enough value added to the Limited to make it the touring bike of choice. I really like the 103 motor. It should be standard equipment in all of the touring bikes.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:07 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyman
I'm planning my purchase of the Ultra Classic for next year. As I'm going to pay as much cash up front as I can, I'm trying to decide if the extra cost of the Limited is really worth it.

Any thoughts ?
Yes - any other questions?

Old 01-31-2010, 03:16 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nvsteve
Either way the difference is marginal. All I'm saying is the motor should not necessarily be the deciding factor. If the other stuff is appealing, go for it.
I disagree. I test rode stock 96 and the 103 in quick succession - same route same day. I found there was significant difference in torque.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:25 PM
DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally, a couple of guys that think like I do. I keep wondering why so many people keep talking about adding a Stage 1 to their 96 inchers and then comparing it to a stock 103...I bought the Limited because the 103 incher was a better base to add the Stage 1, not to mention all the other goodies you get....

Heck, with the Fuel Moto set-up and Woods cam added to the 103, you are at 100hp and 100+tq!

Makes complete sense to me!!

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
exactly. If you consider the stage I upgrade as a necessity to a 96" motor (and I do), then you would also consider it to be a necessity to the 103. At that point, you're just a set of cams away from a decent stage II motor.

I think there's enough value added to the Limited to make it the touring bike of choice. I really like the 103 motor. It should be standard equipment in all of the touring bikes.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:34 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I here that in 2011 the 103ci will be the standard engine in the Touring models !!!

Old 02-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Reef Rider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is all very helpful info... I'm on the fringe of pulling the trigger on a limited, red&black.

The choice bewteen the the Ultra vs the limited is coming down to appearance & options. The 103 can always be mod'd for more juice later but the overall look of the limited with all the extra goodies is where it's at.

If I need some speed I'll jump on my Silver SERG and twist it up!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:12 AM
jsimo7
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steelknee57
I wanted the ABS. I would have put on an oil cooler and a tour pack rack. The grips, gauges and chrome wheels are nice to haves.

At first I didn't really care for the black/black ice pearl. I slept on it for two nights and went back about 6 times to see if I liked it. Then I bought it. No regrets here.....
Does it come with Chrome Wheels ?? Htd grips, ABS, T/P rack, 103, oil cooler, gauges, two tone. What else does it come with ?

Old 02-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Steelknee57
I wanted the ABS. I would have put on an oil cooler and a tour pack rack. The grips, gauges and chrome wheels are nice to haves.

At first I didn't really care for the black/black ice pearl. I slept on it for two nights and went back about 6 times to see if I liked it. Then I bought it. No regrets here.....
The black/blue ice pearl is a beautiful color combo on the Limiteds. If they had offered the Limited in '09 I'd have gone that route, I added the tour pack rack, wanted ABS and after my wheels go stained at the dealers I really think chrome wheels would be a better option.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Bagger Bleu
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could of bought any model H-D makes, I chose the Limited cause it was the best bike for me and my needs. I'm lov'en it!

Old 02-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Wilkey65
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bagger Bleu
Could of bought any model H-D makes, I chose the Limited cause it was the best bike for me and my needs. I'm lov'en it!
Ditto

Quick Reply: Is the Limited worth the extra $$$ ?