Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcv and autotune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 09:02 PM
makstv5
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcv and autotune?

Are many impressed with adding the autotune to their pcv? Is it true that you don't even have to get a base map that the autotune will adjust the pcv? Also with these you would not ever need dyno tuninig?

Last edited by makstv5; 01-28-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:48 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by makstv5
Are many impressed with adding the autotune to their pcv? Is it true that you don't even have to get a base map that the autotune will adjust the pcv? Also with these you would not ever need dyno tuninig?
You can start with any base map, or even one zeroed-out, but how long it takes to properly auto-tune the entire range depends on how close the original is to reality.

AT will properly tune AFR's according to your specs on the fly, but it is a good idea to get the ignition-advance tables near optimal since they are not part of the AT process. If you bought the PCV from Fuel Moto these tables will be set for your configuration. If you're a tweaker like me you can play around with the values and fine-tune the ignition-advance by ear. IMO dyno-tuning would be necessary only if the ignition tables must be spot-on for some sort of competition.

I have AT and would not go back to the basic PCV, not that there is anything wrong with that package. I just like to tweak and you can do it with more accuracy with AT. If you plan on making future changes to your configuration (cams, head work, etc.) you can make a very good practical case for buying the AT kit.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:25 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Originally Posted by makstv5
I think once you're set then you're set. If anything it would be cool to have MAP switch (I thinks that's what it's called) that allows you to change your map settings on the fly. One for street and the other for long hwy driving for better fuel consumption. (that alone will help justify the cost) Ya?