Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Integrated Headsets

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 02:59 PM
heinie
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&M Integrated Headsets

I am looking for a better quality headset than the HD clamp on that came with my ultra classic. Along those lines I am interested in a better quality helmet with the headset integrated into the helmet. I have been researching the Arai helmet with J&M integrated headset - however it it pricey - $500 +.
Anyone have experience with this setup and is it worth the cost?
Is it best to deal with J&M direct?
Thanks to everyone on the forum - I read it every day and always learn new stuff.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:35 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've yet to try their headsets, but I plan to someday. Maybe when my current helmet needs replacing. Their headsets get great reviews, and Arai are supposed to be great helmets, but your right, they are pricey.

I can tell you that when I had a warranty issue with an antenna, they stood behind it without asking any questions.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

I bought the set up last year for my wife and myself. She rides a Heritage with the JM2003 CB radio on it. I ride an Ultra. I believe they work pretty well. We bought the 3/4 Aria and the High Output model microphones. Call and talk to John Lazzeroni himself and tell him what you have. He will help you out with the right models.

I am having a transmission problems with her radio however. I have to turn the volume on my Ultra up to hear her like I should. When ever someone else talks it tears my head off because it is too loud. I believe she is having an antenna grounding problem and I am waiting for the weather to get warmer to see if I fix it over the winter.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been using J&M products for years. From headsets to the CB/Intercom set up I had on my 1985 Electra Glide.

I now have two J&M clamp-on head sets and one KBC helmet with the integrated J&M headset. I went with the KBC Helmet because of the high cost of the Aria Helmet and the fact they had a Clearance sale on the Last year color KBC Helmets. I got a combined Helmet with the headset installed at the J&M Factory for half of what it would have cost. I have had the Harley head sets. The problem I found with the Harley head sets is when I change Harleys, if the radio has changed and the old head set is different, I am required to get entirely new head set. With the J&M head set, I just need to purchase a new bottom connecting cord to up grade the head set to work on the new one. This happened when I went from my 1989 Ultra to a 1998 Ultra, and with the 1998 I had totaled and replaced with the 2009 FLTR Road Glide.

I am very pleased with the sound and quality of the set up. I have the two clamp on head sets before I purchased the combined set up. I will get a combined set up for my next purchase.

Last edited by Ultra89Rider; 01-28-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:40 PM
dan11809
Tourer

Try Scala headset,you'll like it and it handles bluetooth!

Old 01-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Xzotik
Advanced

I have a brand new Black Graphite Nolan N-103 with J&M integrated Bluetooth, still in the box. (Size Large.) I purchased it thru Shawn at Dr. V-Twin, who still has it, as I am currently out of the country.

If anyone would like it for $120 less than the internet price that J&M sells it for, let me (or Shawn at Dr. V-Twin) know.

Check it out:

http://www.jmcorp.com/NolanHelmetsBlue.asp

Old 01-28-2010, 11:54 PM
sanaga
Road Captain

im ride 09 street glide....im also really wnat to hear the music via a head set and i actually didint know what i have to buy to make it possible.....
please help me...

Old 01-29-2010, 06:54 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,100 Likes on 3,649 Posts

Nolan with n-com seems to be the nicest setup...my buddy has one and it's the heat.. i have a modula Fulmer with the J&M clamp on, i like it . It works well for me..i had to secure it to my helmet with a plastic tie wrap to make sure it wouldn't come out....since then it does not move at all...

Old 01-29-2010, 08:48 AM
craigcrewcheif
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Arai 3/4 with the J&M integrated headset. The combination works great. If you are going to buy the best headset why not buy the best helmet? As far as price goes I use Two Wheel Sound. http://www.twowheelsound.com They are an authorized J&M dealer and have discount prices.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,100 Likes on 3,649 Posts

Arai is one of the nicest helmets.

Quick Reply: J&M Integrated Headsets