Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have the new "Vance & Hines Monster Rounds" ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:30 PM
LADNAR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MassHD
Does anyone know if they come in black? I will sell my black D&D for a set.
I emailed Vance and Hines yesterday, because I haven't seen black anywhere. I'll post when I hear back.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Egldr05
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

At what point (engine mods) are the HO's required and needed? Is it a displacement thing, compression, head work, cams?

I'm running a 10.5 comp 98" with fully worked heads, 48mm HPI throttle body, Wild Things 26G cams. I like the sound of the pipes in the video. I don't want to choke the motor but on the other hand too much exhaust is not a good thing either.

Rick

Old 08-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Monolyth
Stage I

They had Monster Rounds, Monster Ovals, and Hi-Output rounds all next to each other at the Sturgis display. I listened to them all. The HO are deeper then the rest and noticably better if you are looking for that deep deep rumble.

The Monster Rounds and Ovals are "Blue Proof" and the HO's are not. After 3 bikes and 5 exhaust systems all turning completely blue\gold I am leaning towards giving the "Blue Proof" a shot... call it vanity. If I could keep the HO's from turning blue\gold they would be my choice in a heartbeat but the Vance/Hines rep was clear that they would probably turn blue\gold.

-Monolyth

Old 08-20-2010, 09:15 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LADNAR
I emailed Vance and Hines yesterday, because I haven't seen black anywhere. I'll post when I hear back.
The email I got back was no black moster rounds.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:03 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by harleybill2008
I think these are the monster round HO's but whatever they are, they sound and look great. And they are quite large. The guy with the bike actually traded his monster ovals for a set of these this past year in Daytona. THey were some of the first sets sold. THey do sound good and hopefully I can find the other shot with the bike straight up (new camera and couldn't shift it round since I don't have the correct software).

They sound pretty good side-ways. I wonder what they sound like rotated 90 degrees.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:15 PM
MACHD03
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
I really miss the sound of my "V&H Monster Ovals" since I went with extended bags.

Now V&H make what they call a "Monster Rounds". I was wondering if they sounded as good and deep as the Ovals do.

Here’s what V&H says (but then they are selling them):

MONSTER ROUNDS
Like it’s cousin the Monster Oval, the new Monster Round produces that deep and mellow rumble that’s winning the hearts and minds of touring riders who put in the long distance miles. Perfect for enjoying your stereo on the highway, the Monster Round features blue proof technology and a CNC machined billet end-cap for an impeccable appearance.

It’s also just the right fit for CVO models with extended saddlebag skirts.

http://www.vanceandhines.com/product...r-rounds.html#
Python has them, they are called Python Predators, made by Vance and Hines. They look the same, they are the same pipe, had them on now for a month or so.

Mac