Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing the X-Stream Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:38 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Please let me know whe you folks get around to setting it up

for the Memphis Shades Batwing. The holes are almost identical just the angle of the shield needs to sloped upwards a few degrees.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:32 AM
wonbyone
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We want one for the ROAD GLIDE !!!!
Looks good BTW

Old 01-29-2010, 07:52 AM
PJ 08 annv ultra
Novice

Ordered before midnight. Can't wait to try it, but Michigan weather will prevent a review for maybe two months yet.
Pat

Old 01-29-2010, 12:51 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Got the notice from PayPal about the $30.00 refund just waiting for it to hit my account.

As soon as I get it I'll let those of you with the T-Bag 3 pocket windshield bag know if it works or not. Being in San Antonio I should be able to take it out for a test as soon as it gets here. Can't wait.

Thanks again Matt and Rob.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:27 PM
bjones
Advanced

Originally Posted by bjones
Just ordered online. How do I take part in survey to receive rebate?
Got the refund from paypal. Snowing here today, expected 7-10". I cant wait to try thr new shield. Will post pics asap.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:32 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Bought a recurve from you in Sep 09 and I'm very pleased with it. I'm interested in your new shield but I'll wait for the feedback. Will my T-Bags windshield pouches work with it? How tall is it?

Last edited by frenchbiker; 01-29-2010 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:26 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Will my T-Bags windshield pouches work with it? How tall is it?
This is one of the questions the guy's at LRS are waiting to hear about from those who went ahead and purchased like myself. This was the major question I had about the new shield. This will be the first thing I check when it arrives.

As far as sizes, according to the web site the X-Stream comes in 4 sizes currently 7", 8", 9" and 10"

Stay Tuned.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:41 PM
longrideshields-2
Premium Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Sorry for the delayed response. Lets get some of these questions answered.

Road Glide and Road King: Shields for these bikes are almost ready. The Road King windshield is about a week and a half out. The Road Glide Shield is approximately a month out.

This should answer the windshield pouch question:
Originally Posted by LeeP
I was looking at the new Klockwerks 8" but it's not available in clear. I Ordered the X-stream 10" clear to replace the stock 12" on my 08 EGC. I'll post a review once installed, weather permitting. Got the $30 refund within minutes for a final price of $101.95 shipped. I also asked if the 3 bag would fit and got this reply from Matt Gardner
I don't know, that is exactly why we are doing these test windshields, remember that as a tester you can return or exchange the windshield as you please or as much as you please to find one that will work for you.
I believe that with the sizes 7- 10 inches the bags will work, but I need to hear it from you.
I appreciate you asking me because I want to make something that will work for all the bikers and if I have to change the windshield to work with bags, then that is what we will attempt to do, another option would be to make a set of bags specifically for this windshield. I would appreciate your input as we go through this testing process.”
Matt Gardner
Originally Posted by SA315B
How does this differ from Klock Werks? Are you going to be in Daytona?
We don't have any plans for Daytona this year, you never know though. Neither Matt or I have personally compared this windshield to anything that Klock Werks makes, so our fresh testers are going to be the best sources for any direct comparisons.

Sorry if there are questions that I've missed. Feel free to email or pm me, I've been getting bombarded but will try my best to answer everything.

Ride Safe

www.longrideshields.com

Old 01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
hogrider09
Tourer

I am for sure looking at the new shiled. ?? I have 09 EGS and its stock with 12" shield. Im 6'4'' I get buffeting etc. Will the 10" x-treme be night and day difference. I will try..im looking at my height. Thanks

Old 01-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Robert_W
Tourer

I know I'm a little late, but is the $29.95 rebate still available?

Bob.

Quick Reply: Introducing the X-Stream Windshield