Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragon Tail Run

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 10:41 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure you stop at Bubba Gump's in Gatlinburg, really cool restaurant and good food as well.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

JoeSchmoe: thanx for the additional riding info! Hey, is that a motorcycle or a rocketship you have there...?
Too bad us Herry riders won't be allowed to go on the run with Mark and all six of his tribe! Guess I'll have to go up with N. Ga. Road Riders...52 strong on paper... Ha!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:35 AM
Mark MPDC
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got 8 tribesmen now.

Originally Posted by Quadancer
JoeSchmoe: thanx for the additional riding info! Hey, is that a motorcycle or a rocketship you have there...?
Too bad us Herry riders won't be allowed to go on the run with Mark and all six of his tribe! Guess I'll have to go up with N. Ga. Road Riders...52 strong on paper... Ha!

Old 03-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey, was looking into a ride up to the Dragon and heard it's still closed. Is that true?

Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Gordon65
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quadancer
Hey, was looking into a ride up to the Dragon and heard it's still closed. Is that true?

til sept 1, due to the rockslide....

Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sept 1st IS NOT TRUE..this is from the official site:

WARNING FALSE INFORMATION BEING PUT OUT BY TDOT AND BEING REPORTED ON OTHER WEB SITES. Ok folks TDOT has confirmed that 1 Sep is NOT I say again NOT the expected reopen date for The Dragon. There twitter page is linked directly to there electronic message system for the highway. They have to put a date on it for the system to work so they just picked that one. I talked with them and they do not have a date. The contract will be awarded on Monday and that is when the Officale time schedual will be set. Again, 1 Sep is misinformation. I will post up the real info as soon as TDOT calls me.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:53 AM
Gordon65
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhiteGoldSG
sept 1st IS NOT TRUE..this is from the official site:

WARNING FALSE INFORMATION BEING PUT OUT BY TDOT AND BEING REPORTED ON OTHER WEB SITES. Ok folks TDOT has confirmed that 1 Sep is NOT I say again NOT the expected reopen date for The Dragon. There twitter page is linked directly to there electronic message system for the highway. They have to put a date on it for the system to work so they just picked that one. I talked with them and they do not have a date. The contract will be awarded on Monday and that is when the Officale time schedual will be set. Again, 1 Sep is misinformation. I will post up the real info as soon as TDOT calls me.

interesting....my apologies for posting the misinformation.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:19 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,144 Likes on 3,668 Posts

Wasn't there a rockslide recently that closed the road? OOOPS! Sorry i didn't read the last page....

Last edited by Notgrownup; 03-25-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:43 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark MPDC
Though i am the organizer of this trip,i have heard and done my research and have heard the stories also.One of the reasons why we are leaving on thursday is that on friday mourning i figure most people will be at work so it might be less bikes and cars on the road there for that stretch.We are going to do some nice riding on saturday mourning up in tennessee so if anyone have any great roads that we can ride on while up at the top of the dragon please let me know.
I hate to take a dump in your Wheaties..... but http://killboy.blogspot.com/ According to Killboy, TNDOT has barricaded US-129 at the NC/TN border while clearing the debis. Current guess is it will remain closed until 9/1/10
Not a BIG deal, as the store is open, you have great roads in the area, NC-28 (hellbender), NC-143, Cherahola Skyway, Nantahala Gorge, yada yada yada

Looping from the east.... check out NC-215 from Waynesboro... take 276 east to NC-215. south beyond the BRP all the way to Rosmon. The BRP is great, but check for clousures. NC-64, to Franklin, then north on NC-28 is nice with a few roadside waterfalls

Old 03-25-2010, 06:54 AM
joeschmoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
I hate to take a dump in your Wheaties..... but http://killboy.blogspot.com/ According to Killboy, TNDOT has barricaded US-129 at the NC/TN border while clearing the debis. Current guess is it will remain closed until 9/1/10
Not a BIG deal, as the store is open, you have great roads in the area, NC-28 (hellbender), NC-143, Cherahola Skyway, Nantahala Gorge, yada yada yada

Looping from the east.... check out NC-215 from Waynesboro... take 276 east to NC-215. south beyond the BRP all the way to Rosmon. The BRP is great, but check for clousures. NC-64, to Franklin, then north on NC-28 is nice with a few roadside waterfalls
I JUST CHECKED TDOT's web site...They have NOT LET a contract to clear the road so there is NO SET TIME for the road to re-open...This is ALL PROPAGANDA!!!! But agree there are some other great roads in the area to ride...Not jsut the Dragon....US 421 (The Sanke) Bristol area, Cherohala Skyway, Hwy 39, Hwy 68 to GA, and a TON of others...

Quick Reply: Dragon Tail Run