Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best bang for the buck power increase?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by XKnight
My 2010 Road King is barely broken in, but I'm already dreaming about new pipes, air intake and a fuel manager.

Please tell me what recommendations you have for best power increase for the money spent. I'm sure many of you have tried various different combination's of pipes, air intakes and fuel management systems. I'm looking to tap your vast knowledge base so that I hopefully get it right on the first try. Pipes with a low deep rumble are preferred to the loud ones. Thanks for your advice!
I'm hard headed and wouldn't listen at first to the Good info on this forum.
I wanted the most bang for the buck with my riding style. For me, the 96 engine is plenty of power. I just wanted the deep Harley rumble and let it breathe a little. I went with the Dealer download w/K&N AF. I was looking at different exhaust as it is very confusing trying to pick the sound from Video's. I finally bought a set of FuelMoto's Dyna Tuned Mufflers. What a difference in sound and performance. I have the ECM download, But I'm still concerned about how it's going to do this summer. If I had it to do over, I would order the complete package from Jamie at FuelMoto. Best bank for your buck IMO.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:56 AM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Fuel Moto

Old 01-27-2010, 08:57 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

I prefer the SEST and dyno tune route but it's not going to compete $ for HP against what Jamie has to offer.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

What I'd call "best bang for the buck" would be getting the most out of the stock motor as possible - both in power and mileage. The Fuel Moto option will do just that using a Dynojet or TTS, auto-tune, pipes or slip-ons, and a hi-flow air cleaner.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:51 AM
bob2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

No matter what you do look at the Fuel Moto mufflers,you can tune them six different ways to get the sound you want.I prefer the deeper sound of a silent baffle in each muffler.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:21 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

The best bang-for-the-buck would be a Stage 1 package to include free-flowing mufflers, AC, and a tuner. Of the packages on the market I would vote for the Fuel Moto Power Package. You can search here for many satisfied Fuel Moto customers, both for their products and service.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:30 PM
John10962
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the money you can't go wrong with Fuel Moto they have a great set up. You can really feel & hear the difference.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:44 PM
brockstwrt
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

another vote for fuel moto, I had a custom dyno tune done with tts, the air cleaner set up is a package the dealer does here. I love the sound and look of the Jackpot dyno tuned slash up pipes (angle matches the saddle bags), I also have the stainless head pipe because the 10's have cats in the head pipe. Not to loud at idle but a nice deep roar when you get on it. My dyno sheet is posted in the dyno sticky if you look at curves and such. The Jackpot exhaust setup (slip ons & headpipe) are top notch and the price can't be beat. If I would've had a little more coin this winter I was going to put in andrews 36 cams. Maybe next year

Old 01-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Hog Yild
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A completely difference approach here, but if you want seat of the pant and cost effective, a gear change. Either a primary ratio change, Evo Industries 30 tooth engine sprocket kit. Or a final drive ratio change, Andrews 30 tooth final drive pulley & final drive belt. Both around $350.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:11 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Another happy and satisfied FuelMoto Customer myself...$800 FuelMoto Package which consists of SE Airtake, Rush Slash Down Mufflers with 2" baffles, PCV and install it yourself between 1.5 and 2 hours then you're good to go. The package woke up my baby and the deep sound's awesome...Woo-Hoo !.

Real tempting to get their new 2-1-2 headpipe in the Spring.

Thorey

Quick Reply: Best bang for the buck power increase?