Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Street Glide vs 2010 Road King Classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010 | 06:03 PM
INAH!
|
Stage I
Default 2010 Street Glide vs 2010 Road King Classic

Ok, after reading forums on both bikes and talking with riders i've narrowed my choice. I'll be doing most of my every day riding in town but with plans on taking 200 mile cruise-day's once a month and longer 3 day run's every 6 months. With this said can i get input on this subject. Im located in South West AZ so year around weather to ride!

Old 01-26-2010 | 06:05 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member

Electra Glide Classic --
Originally Posted by INAH!
Ok, after reading forums on both bikes and talking with riders i've narrowed my choice. I'll be doing most of my every day riding in town but with plans on taking 200 mile cruise-day's once a month and longer 3 day run's every 6 months. With this said can i get input on this subject. Im located in South West AZ so year around weather to ride!

Old 01-26-2010 | 06:10 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Thumbs up Easy for Me..

Originally Posted by INAH!
Both are Great Bikes .. For me the Choice is a Street Glide .. Although got the deal of the century on my 08 EGS Sometimes still wish would have went went with the 09 Street Glide which is what originally wanted..

But is your Buck would wait on some other opinions ..

Old 01-26-2010 | 06:11 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member

Anything with a radio!

Old 01-26-2010 | 06:23 PM
KingCripps
Tourer

Radio and fairing or riding naked, up to you. Both bikes are exactly the same frame and motors. My choice was a RK because I like to peel the shield off and feel the wind over my bald head occasionaly. I listen to the radio all the time in the truck.

Old 06-10-2010 | 11:02 PM
ehans
Tourer

We've got both. I love the RKC and my wife has the SG. I may get speakers for the RKC for my MP3 player, but other than that, don't really want the faring of the SG. She, OTOH, loves the SG.

Both are fantastic bikes.

Old 06-11-2010 | 07:22 AM
Clump
Tourer

I had 2 Road Kings, a '96 and a 2000. In 2005 I got a EG Classic and now a 2010 SG.

I loved the fact that the windshield came off the Road King, but I found myself leaving it on more and more. Once I got a fairing there was no going back. I don't use the radio that much, mainly for traffic reports which are critical in the DC area. By the way, I'm 50 (old) so my love of the fairing may not apply to you.

Either way you can't go wrong! They are great bikes.

Old 06-11-2010 | 07:40 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

You can add a QD fairing to a Road King.

And take it off to get the wind in your face.

Old 06-11-2010 | 07:51 AM
sgl0226
Tourer

I had a 2008 RKC and loved it. I loved being able to take the shield on and off at first. But then I could never decide. On nice warm days I'd take it off, then the next thing I knew I was with my buddies traveling down the interstate wishing I had my shield on. So I was always trying to figure out "shield on, shield off." Even though I loved the ability to take it on and off, I ultimately found I always left it on.
I did have the bike set up great for me. Chubby bars, sundowner seat, tons of chrome. Very comfortable and great looking. But I got tired of cleaning all the chrome. So last year I traded for a street glide. I like the fairing but changed to 8 inch clearview shield. Put on the sundowner, and also changed the shocks. The street glide definitely has a harsher ride because of the shorter travel of the shocks. With the new Harley shocks available (for only $499!!!) you can keep the low profile but greatly increase the comfort of the ride. I also put on Chubby bars.
So whichever bike you get, it can take some customizing to really make it suit you. I miss the RKC but I don't miss polishing all that chrome. I like the fairing and NOT having to decide whether to take it on and off (I know that's crazy), and I like having the gauges in front of me. Personally, I could care less about the radio, I like listening to the pipes. What I do miss is just standing there staring at the RKC. It was a beautiful bike. If only I could have both.

Old 06-11-2010 | 08:02 AM
04ctd
Banned

yeah, the fairing stays ON the RK after a few hits of gravel/bugs

street glide's are the most popular bike now, "the new girls bike" so I think they will have MUCH more value in long run.

put some regular lenght shocks on it, and RIDE IT!

Quick Reply: 2010 Street Glide vs 2010 Road King Classic