Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Ultra Seat options...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 10:30 AM
lclement
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 09 Ultra Seat options...

Okay I did some searching about this before I posted and I just didn’t find what I was looking for so here gos…

I have an 09 ultra, like the feel of the bike, but I am not a fan of the stock seat. I feel I sit up to tall and want to be lower at least 2 inches. I do not have a problem with ride height, I can flat foot just fine since I’m 6’0’’ Ft… but I seem to have a slightly longer torso and slightly longer neck then most people which I think is why I sit up a little high then I would like to. I have a 10’’ Windvest screen and it really moves the air over my head but when I’m this high I still feel some buffeting… 2 inches lower maybe even 3 would help quite a bit…

So that is the issue and I’m asking for some opinions? First I think the answer lies in the seat… if I can knock off 2 inches I think I would feel better sitting “IN” the bike rather then “ON” the bike…

I had a mustang touring seat on my 08 fatboy and it was very comfortable! But… I felt it moved me more forward and raised me up an inch… 2 things I do NOT want as I’m already a little high and close enough to the dash as I want to be.

So what are your opinions? Do I send my stock seat to Mean City Cycles? I have considered this but I really don’t think the stock seat looks that good? When I take the tour pack off it looks way to bulky… (Have and FBI detachable kit) if the stock seat looked even halfway cool I would consider it… but this seat is fugly without the tour pack on…

Or is there a seat that feels like a mustang but will not move me forward or higher on the market that’s has a back rest option?

I have heard Corbin’s are hard, and the ultimate seat is very $$$ when you throw in the passenger, and back rest.

Thanks riders!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 11:30 AM
toad6301
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had my stock Ultra seat re-worked
by MCC and I love it, had double memory
foam and position moved back 2" and
grey ostrich inlaid in the center panels.
Talk to Allen and the guys with you
specific questions and they can probably
help you out.

Attached Thumbnails 09 Ultra Seat options...-008.jpg  
Old 01-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Rubbit
Road Captain

I had my stock seat done by MCC and works great, but like you not a big fan of the look, especially with the tourpack off. I bought a Street Glide seat and took it to MCC. Now i have the tourpack back on and ldft the Street Glide seat on and looks pretty good.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:39 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the hammock seat from Harley is the way to go. Rode for years with the Road Zep air seat and thought it didnt get any better than this but it would not transfer to the 09 so I bought the hammock seat and it is amazing. Not a sore butt after all day in the saddle and it sits me (6'3") back farther as well. you might want to try it...

Old 01-26-2010, 04:13 PM
lclement
Cruiser

Okay thanks for the ideas… since MCC is considerably cheaper then buying a new seat and that I can have it made to fit me I think I will give them a try.

So correct me if im wrong… but I can buy a stock street glide seat and send that to them and they can make it comfortable enough for 2 up riding all day?

Since the passenger seat is smaller I wonder how my lady would feel even if the seat has been re-stuffed by MCC?

Old 01-26-2010, 04:16 PM
lclement
Cruiser

Originally Posted by glide2meetu
the hammock seat from Harley is the way to go. Rode for years with the Road Zep air seat and thought it didnt get any better than this but it would not transfer to the 09 so I bought the hammock seat and it is amazing. Not a sore butt after all day in the saddle and it sits me (6'3") back farther as well. you might want to try it...
Hammock seat huh??? So how much time in hours have you spent sitting on it? All-day? 8 hr’s? etc?

I know it’s a relatively pricey seat but I have heard some good things about it… thanks for the suggestion… ill also read up on that seat.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

Originally Posted by lclement
Okay thanks for the ideas… since MCC is considerably cheaper then buying a new seat and that I can have it made to fit me I think I will give them a try.

So correct me if im wrong… but I can buy a stock street glide seat and send that to them and they can make it comfortable enough for 2 up riding all day?

Since the passenger seat is smaller I wonder how my lady would feel even if the seat has been re-stuffed by MCC?
Check ebay for a 08 or 09 street glide seat and send to MCC. they can cut some backwards to extend your legs, lower about an 1inch and narrow seat near tank.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:19 AM
lclement
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rubbit
Check ebay for a 08 or 09 street glide seat and send to MCC. they can cut some backwards to extend your legs, lower about an 1inch and narrow seat near tank.
I do like the look of the street glide seat but it cant be to comfy until its been re-formed… I have found a few on ebay and will be watching.

What’s the most I should pay for a street glide seat?

Old 01-27-2010, 11:27 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Starting Jan 18, 2010 HD just made a running change to the stock touring seats because of this complaint.

Old 01-27-2010, 12:10 PM
bcane98
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
Starting Jan 18, 2010 HD just made a running change to the stock touring seats because of this complaint.
Ain't that typical... I wonder if they will fix the the problem?

On the other hand I too am looking to drop a couple inches in height only... I checked with MCC, but the seat I have has to be totally reworked.

Quick Reply: 09 Ultra Seat options...