Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Police seat compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

You won't find a more comfy seat, that's for sure. You will be sitting up a little bit higher than the stock seat. I don't know about the e-glide police bikes, but the RK police bikes came with a windscreen about 2" higher than the stock. (22" instead of 20" iirc).

Good luck with your bike and post a pic when you can.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 PM
ftzoid
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skip
We are all getting older, as I turn 60 this year. Love the police seat on my EGS. I am using the 10" Clearview windshield to kick the wind up. I am now in the process of building a backrest for the police seat. Mocking it up using aluminum bar right now. I like a backrest when I ride!
54 for me, but I've got a disc that refuses to grow old with me. A real PIA, I'm tellin' ya. I'm just thankful that I can ride, and still have fun doing it. I'm hoping that the police seat might make the difference. We all adapt, but I know my life wouldn't be as full without my scooter.

I heard that Mustang made a replacement seat with a backrest, and I figured maybe if this works out for me, perhaps I'd spring for that.

I've got the stock windshield right now, and my line of sight is right about at the top of the shield. I have to sit up straight to see over it, and I'm hoping that the police seat will put me right where I need to be. Although my guess is that it might be a little too high.

Thanks for your feedback, Skip, it's appreciated.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:11 PM
ftzoid
Tourer

Originally Posted by big block
seat is the same.........Brackets and t-bAR ARE 09 up parts
Big Block
Thanks!

Old 01-27-2010, 07:16 PM
ftzoid
Tourer

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
You won't find a more comfy seat, that's for sure. You will be sitting up a little bit higher than the stock seat. I don't know about the e-glide police bikes, but the RK police bikes came with a windscreen about 2" higher than the stock. (22" instead of 20" iirc).

Good luck with your bike and post a pic when you can.
Thanks, boogaloo, you must have posted while I was writing to Skip regarding the windshield and seat height. I appreciate the info, and the good wishes. 17 for a high tomorrow, so it might be awhile before I get that pic, but will do.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain

He asked about the console as well. Yes, it's the same console. In fact, when we were installing the CB on my girls Street Glide, you needed to have a 'normal' console in place of the SG console for it to work. I swapped out my Police console for her SG console and life was good. The Police seat will sit you up quite a bit higher, even higher than the '08 and older bikes. But, comfortable? Damn that seat was nice out on the highway!

Take note, Mustang even sells a passenger seat that matches the material of the Police seat and it looks nice if you require such an item.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:47 AM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Its the best mod I've made on my bike yet. Some say they are butt ugly, but my butt does'nt care. It does set you up about 2" and back about 2", so a taller windshield is required. For me being 6-9, I like the extra leg room. My wife does'nt ride, so I moved my tour pak up for the back rest.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:47 AM
hyfly1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skip
I am now in the process of building a backrest for the police seat. Mocking it up using aluminum bar right now. I like a backrest when I ride!
I just got a BAKUP backrest to use with my police seat. It is attached to the seat using the holes in the seat bracket where the rubber bumpers are. I have it on now, but have not yet had a chance to ride with it. It appears to be pretty well built. I think I'm gonna like it.
http://www.ceebaileys.com/bakup/harleybakup.html

Old 01-28-2010, 07:31 PM
ftzoid
Tourer

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
He asked about the console as well. Yes, it's the same console. In fact, when we were installing the CB on my girls Street Glide, you needed to have a 'normal' console in place of the SG console for it to work. I swapped out my Police console for her SG console and life was good. The Police seat will sit you up quite a bit higher, even higher than the '08 and older bikes. But, comfortable? Damn that seat was nice out on the highway!

Take note, Mustang even sells a passenger seat that matches the material of the Police seat and it looks nice if you require such an item.
Glad to hear it's gonna work fine. Really makin' me happy with my decision. I can't wait! Thanks

Old 01-28-2010, 07:36 PM
ftzoid
Tourer

Originally Posted by glide2005
Its the best mod I've made on my bike yet. Some say they are butt ugly, but my butt does'nt care. It does set you up about 2" and back about 2", so a taller windshield is required. For me being 6-9, I like the extra leg room. My wife does'nt ride, so I moved my tour pak up for the back rest.
I don't think they're butt ugly. I kinda think they look ol' school. What's more I'm hopin' it will extend my ridin' through out the rest my days. Sounds like I'm definitely going to need a taller windshield tho. Thanks.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:42 PM
ftzoid
Tourer

Originally Posted by hyfly1
I just got a BAKUP backrest to use with my police seat. It is attached to the seat using the holes in the seat bracket where the rubber bumpers are. I have it on now, but have not yet had a chance to ride with it. It appears to be pretty well built. I think I'm gonna like it.
http://www.ceebaileys.com/bakup/harleybakup.html
Great option! Wow, not cheap tho. Does it have the ability to lean forward (push at the small of your back)? I'm surprised that I couldn't find any pics on their web site. Post some pics if'n ya have a mind to. I had a mustang back rest for a seat not too long ago, and it had a simple set screw that you could adjust either fore or aft for perfect fit.

Also, I see you have the radio rack, of which is holding your seat air tank, I'm guessing. I'm thinking about using my front crash bar as an air tank. Not my idea, but a great one. Another option that I've seen were some posts of which they were able to hide their air tank between the saddle bag, and rear fender strut, but I'm not so sure that would work on an 09.

Last edited by ftzoid; 01-28-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Police seat compatibility