Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

111hp/115ft lbs...should I be disappointed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:31 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

My wallet hurts from just reading all this!

Old 01-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHoss
My wallet hurts from just reading all this!
LMAO - mine has already bled to death !

You may get better numbers with another tuner, not system, but person behind the system. If the VEs are maxing out, and you indicate that you have already upped the C.I to 120, the injector size can also be manipulated to "trick" the system. The 2010's base fuel on lambda scale. Also there is throttle progressivity to be considered, although that really should not influence peak numbers, but more low and mid range. Anyone telling you to add a Power Commander to a bike already tuned with SEST or TTS just plain doesn't know what they are doing. I am not knowcking the PC but the SERT and TTS are infinitely capable of tuning any build.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:44 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

That brings up another question.....What size injectors are you running? If they're stockers, their duty cycle may be maxed out.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by rthomp159
That brings up another question.....What size injectors are you running? If they're stockers, their duty cycle may be maxed out.
They are the larger 5.3gms/sec injectors from harley. The largest HD makes.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:35 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Well then that's not it either (and sorry, I skimmed over that in the o.p.).

Gotta be the tuner (the guy, not the SEST). I know you probably don't want to swap devices, but Dave's freakin' magic on the dyno, and he's close. The troubling thing is that your torque curve looks really good, just a little lower than it should be.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:57 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

They upped the CID but did they up the injector size?

Old 01-26-2010, 05:37 PM
jimsreddyna
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

In my experience you can put the same bike on 3 different Dynos at 3 different shops and get 3 different sets of numbers. What about the correction factor being used?

Old 01-26-2010, 06:06 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Dyno charts are a diagnostic tool, not an end result. The dyno is a tool to measure your bike against itself, not against other bikes on other dynos. If you think you are lacking in performance compared to other similar builds, the only way to know for sure is to run against them.

If you're not gonna drag race other bikes, then why are you worried about 3 or 4 hp that may or may not be there? Are you gonna win any contests with your dyno chart?

you've got a monster, go out and enjoy it.
Boogaloo is dead right.

Dynojet dynos were never designed to compare bikes. They are designed to optimise the performance of your bike.

You need to get that thing to a strip and see what it will do.

My 124 only gets 119 hp on the dynojet at the stealer. I have beaten SE 110 and 113s that are getting much more power than me on the dyno in standing start and roll on drags on the street and on the strip. After the run the happless owners quote their dyno charts and say they should be quicker.

Dynos lie. The strip dont.

Besides which the peak power / tq numbers arent the only thing that makes a bike quick. The spread of torque is essential for getting a big bike moving.

BTW I have had to tell my ECM that the bike is 160 cubes to get it to put enough fuel in. You should definitely be able to get the SEST to do whatever you need by upping the cubes without having to resort to telling it the smaller injector size.

At the end of the day it all comes back to why do you care about the numbers? For bar room bragging? It seems like your bike will be very impressive on the road, let that performance do the talking...

Old 01-26-2010, 06:59 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Numbers mean alot more to people than barroom bragging. You can run bikes on the street or the strip, I do to, but there are alot more factors than the bike. Rider ability being the main one. I read all the time forget the sheet, if you like the way it runs tht's all that matters. Of course this is usually said by peole that have stock or stage 1 bikes. I want to know what is wrong with people that drop thousands into their engines that want to have the numbers? Car drag racers spend thousands upon thousands to pick up 2 more horse, whats the difference? I agree that the street is where it's at, but I also like to see the sheet as well, I tend to change my bikes around quit aften and it gives me a good comparison if the changes were the right ones or not.

kingkingking, how do you like your S&S fuelie? I have a 124 in an FXR, check it out on my pics page. It's carbureted but was thinking abot fuel injection. It did make 134 HP 136 lbs of trq and I ran a 11.8 at 122 MPH at Norwalk dragstrip. Just can't get the thing to hook up, it drifts threw 4 gears and a little bit in 5th.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:33 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
Numbers mean alot more to people than barroom bragging. You can run bikes on the street or the strip, I do to, but there are alot more factors than the bike. Rider ability being the main one. I read all the time forget the sheet, if you like the way it runs tht's all that matters. Of course this is usually said by peole that have stock or stage 1 bikes. I want to know what is wrong with people that drop thousands into their engines that want to have the numbers? Car drag racers spend thousands upon thousands to pick up 2 more horse, whats the difference? I agree that the street is where it's at, but I also like to see the sheet as well, I tend to change my bikes around quit aften and it gives me a good comparison if the changes were the right ones or not.

kingkingking, how do you like your S&S fuelie? I have a 124 in an FXR, check it out on my pics page. It's carbureted but was thinking abot fuel injection. It did make 134 HP 136 lbs of trq and I ran a 11.8 at 122 MPH at Norwalk dragstrip. Just can't get the thing to hook up, it drifts threw 4 gears and a little bit in 5th.
I know what you mean about numbers meaning a lot to people. The problem with that is that most people just dont understand than numbers from any inertia dyno or sweep test have as much as +-15% error. So people end up chasing extra HP numbers that are smaller than the error in the original measurement.

There is nothing wrong with chasing numbers, as long as they are accurate numbers, like from an eec997 or similar static test on an eddy current dyno.

I didnt wanna hijack the thread with 124 talk so I have pmd...

Quick Reply: 111hp/115ft lbs...should I be disappointed?